1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird (Problem?) when rotating.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katsua, Jul 3, 2017.

1. katsua

katsua Lurker

Hey. Im not entirely sure if the thing that I talk about is problem or intended thing but it started to annoy me when i first spotted it yesterday(But maybe i was blind and it was from the very beginning when i unboxed the phone). The 'problem' itself is a little overlay thingy which looks like a form of transition when turning the phone around - The screenshot most likely shows it better than i can describe it .
    My question is - Does everybody that uses S8 have the same thing or is it something on my side and if yes then how can I fix it?

Thanks For Help

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. katsua

katsua Lurker

Here is the video of how it exactly looks like because screenshot might not certainly show how it is - Is it still different from yours?

Attached Files:

3. katsua

katsua Lurker

So yours S8 has the same thing?

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

That's just a transition effect. My LG G6 does the same thing and I've checked a few of my other phones as well and depending on the GPU, it happens at different rates, but it's as designed.

5. today

today Android Expert

Looks like human error. Wagon wheels appear to go backwards. Only so many photos per second.

6. katsua

katsua Lurker

What do you mean?

7. today

today Android Expert

The technology is not real life. The eye can't be fooled. Take led lighting as an example. You can't detect it flashing until you watch movement such as a saw blade or a propeller and you can see it's not a constant light. Just like a movie is only a series of pictures. The transitions are detectable under the right conditions.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Looks fine to me, and pretty much the same as my phone and tablet rotates the screen.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews