1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Weird Problem When Surfing on 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AzJazz, Apr 12, 2010.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I am running BB v0.9 (2.1 ESE53 ROM).

I have a problem when surfing using the stock Google 2.1 Browser and the Dolphin Browser. Screen text no longer "auto-fits" to match the screen size.

Here's a description of what I am seeing:

One very handy feature of the more recent browsers was that it would auto-adjust any column width of text to match the current zoom level. The best way to think of this would be when reading a news article. I would pinch-zoom the text so that it was a comfortable size when reading, and all the words in the column would auto-adjust to the width of the screen for the new font size. This would mean that all I needed to do was scroll vertically to read almost any text, and not have to do *any* horizontal scrolling at all. If I zoomed out, the words would auto-adjust again to the width of the new screen, and I would again be able to just scroll vertically to continue reading. Every time I would adjust the screen size, I would see the text joggling around to fit the new screen resolution.

It seems like now the screen text auto adjust works just one time: When the page first loads. Changing screen resolution now requires that I scroll horizontally and vertically to read test.

Does anyone else see this problem?

Advertisement

2. AzJazz

AzJazz Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Anybody?