1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Weird problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bisanu, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bisanu

bisanu Guest

hi guys and girls. few days ago i tried to look up sth on my default android calendar. and unexpectedly a google sign in error appeared. never saw that before, and since that day i cannot aproach calendar and data sinchronization on my galaxy. here what it says in the error: There was a network error while trying to sign in to "my adress.gmail.com" retry now or press the vack button to cancel

i tried to connect on net and push the retry button, i tried to turn off galaxy several times but nothing works
    what should i do?
    thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    Sounds to me like you somehow got 'logged out' of your Google account. :thinking:

I don't rightly know how you'd log in again, short of a factory reset which would take a lot of settings with it. :(

3. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Network Engineer
    London
  4. beitinsw

beitinsw Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Munich, Germany
    when changing networks (unlocked German Galaxy with O2 then used in the US with AT&T pay-as-you-go) I was told to re-log in to Google, even when using WiFi, but I don't remember how I gave it my Google credentials. It must have been intuitive, otherwise I'd remember.

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    Usually in android gmail

6. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Cabernetmaker
    France:
    Hi bisanu, Have you updated APNdroid lately as I did yesterday and had all sorts of similar bugs not being able to connect to google accounts, even though I followed the update instuctions. I eventually found that I had to respecify my telephone provider,hope this helps you :)

7. bisanu

bisanu Guest

i can normaly sign in.i didn't make any changes on the phone, it just happened at once. what do you mean by respecify provider. i picked my provider again but it didn't help. maybe it has sth to do with call forwarding? there is a phone number on my settings to forward to when the "phone is unreachable". does it make sense?

8. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Network Engineer
    London
    Did you try the link I gave to reset it?

9. bisanu

bisanu Guest

yes i did, , tried that didn't work

10. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Cabernetmaker
    France:
    Sorry not very clear I should have said "chose network operator" . Have you tried taking out the sim card carefully cleaning it before reinstalling it , I know its pretty basic fix but sometimes works

11. bisanu

bisanu Guest

thank you guys for your opinions. i did the factory reset and it's working for now