1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird restart cycle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Triska, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Everything was force closing, so I turned my phone off. It immediately restarted and continued to go through the restart cycle of the white HTC screen, the Droid sound and the Droid eye. Then it would restart at that point. It continued to do this over and over again. I couldn't even turn it off using the power button. I finally did a battery pull and then it got stuck on the Droid eye. I again took the battery out for a few minutes. I'm still getting many things that are force closing or not working, but my low on space notification is no longer there. However, my apps that were on my SD are nowhere to be found. :mad: Are they gone for good? I still have about the same amount of space on my card as I did before, but I'm not sure if most of the space taken are from pictures.

I'm kinda nervous to turn it off again.

Advertisement

2. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Ugh! All my settings are also changed. If I still didn't have most of my apps, I would've thought that I had done a factory reset.

Almost all my apps are still force closing. Any ideas what happened or what to do?

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Try it with a different card or no card at all. If it still has all the same problems, you're probably going to be forced into a factory reset. I would also try moving all your SD contents to the computer desktop and see if anything errors during the transfer. Could be a corrupt file(s) on the card causing issue. Once done, I would format the card and replace the files. This is just my opinion, I like to be thorough rather than have repeat problems.

Triska likes this.
  4. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    It's not a card problem. I think I'll just have to do a factory reset. Ugh!

5. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    I went into my Google Market account and it says that all my apps were purchased on Thursday, the same day my phone went crazy. It also said that my Incredible was registered yesterday as well. :thinking:

It's looking more like my phone did a reset on it's own, but it didn't do a full reset as I still had some things on there such as texts, recent calles and most apps. Weird. I think I'll still have to do a factory reset on it.

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    if it provides you with any comfort, you aren't the first one to run into this problem