1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Weird Rooting Issue .. some background too

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by metwpost, Jul 31, 2011.

1. metwpost

metwpost Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Alright, so here's my story.

Earlier this year, I tried to flash a new ROM onto my phone. I ended up basically "bricking" it, and ultimately flashed to the closest thing to stock that I could find at the time (I don't remember, at this point, what it was).

Fast forward to today, I'm trying to root my phone again, and I've got some conflicting reports. SuperOneClick says asks if my OS is > 2.0, which it is, and if I select "Yes", it errors out. If I select "No", it says it roots successfully but none of the applications that require root (ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, etc) say that they can get the required permissions.

I also tried through the exe file linked from the CM7 wiki and it, again, says successfully rooted, but again, same permissions issues.

How can I figure out where I am in the "process" so I can get back on track and get myself rooted and set up with a better ROM?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    Odin the ED05 full ROM with the Pit file and repartition, then odin the clockwork and then immediately go into recovery and install a ROM and kernel. Easier than trying to figure out where oneclick is messing up