1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird Screen Issue When In A Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by haza12d, Jun 11, 2011.

1. haza12d

haza12d Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    So I noticed for the past couple of days that when I'm in a call, and when my screen times out, I can't get back to my home screen. Normally when your screen times out (Mine is set for 30 seconds), you would push the power button to wake up the phone. I do this and I'm greeted with my unlock screen and I have to input a pattern in order to unlock the phone. As I begin to draw out my pattern to unlock it, and I get near the middle of the screen, the screen turns off and then back on again for as long as I try to draw it out, not allowing me to complete my pattern to unlock it. I can hit the "Resume Call" button and get back to the dial pad and all that other stuff regarding the call, but I can't get to my home screen by pushing the "Home" key or any other key. These issues disappear after I hang up, but it'd be nice to be able to go back to your home screen and browse the net or run other things while in a call. Anyone else having this issue or is facing something similar to this? I'm rooted on ED1 (Used GingerSnap).

Advertisement

2. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    When you're on a call, the proximity sensor is active (so your face doesn't muck with the controls). When you go to draw you unlock pattern, your hand is probably triggering the phone to black out the screen. Would explain why it only happens on a call. I think if you choose speakerphone or bluetooth connection during a call, the proximity sensor is not active. Give it a shot on speakerphone and see if it remedies your problem.

haza12d likes this.