1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird SD card issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BrandonHsttlr, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BrandonHsttlr

BrandonHsttlr Lurker

So I have a rooted DX2 running the Eclipse rom and has been running fine up until I realized something odd. I have a 16gb sd card. It has always had 16gb on it and in apps Like Superbox pro, the apps2sd function says there is 14.9gb total, which is normal. But when I go to settings>storage, it says that I only have 4gb total and it says I'm down to 101mb of space when superbox says I have 2gb free. No one else seems to have had this problem. Help :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Scur

Scur Android Expert

Your internal sdcard is 4gb. Make sure you're reading the right card.

3. BrandonHsttlr

BrandonHsttlr Lurker

It only has internal storage, which is 16gb and sd card which is showing 4gb

4. Scur

Scur Android Expert

Mine has 469mb in system ROM, 2gb in internal memory, 4gb in SD card (which is my internal, non-removable SD card), and 8gb in ext. SD card (which is the micro SD card I put in my SD card slot under the battery cover). It has 2 SD cards, one is in the phone and one is the SD card I put in. And when running the flip-flop script, it always says my SD card is 8gb and my ext. SD card is 4gb, since every app and tool I have sees them backwards. You're running Eclipse, which has the flip-flop script running.
    I'm not overly familiar with Superbox Pro. I checked it out on Amazon, but I'm not sure how it will handle 2 SD cards. Grab Titanium Backup and run it, the free version will do fine. Look at the bottom of the first (overview) screen. Those numbers should be accurate. Keep in mind that due to the flip-flop, "SD card" will be the card you actually put into your phone, and "ext. SD card" will be your internal, non-removable card.

5. BrandonHsttlr

BrandonHsttlr Lurker

But see, the problem is. It's telling me my ext sd only has 101mb left when in all actuality, it has about 2gb left and I can't save anything else to it

6. Scur

Scur Android Expert

This all rings a bell, but it's 3 in the morning and I've been wrapping Santa's presents, fiddling with my phone, updating stickies, and reading posts. I'm usually getting up for work about this time. Let me get my measly couple of hours sleep before the rugrat wakes me with shouts of "Santa came!" and I'll try to remember what's up with that. Hard to wrap my head around anything right now. (I remember when I used to pay to feel like this...) :)

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews