• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird SMS issue

Saheim

Lurker
Jan 23, 2016
Greetings all!

Not sure if I put this in the right section. Partly because I honestly do not know if it is an issue with my OS, Carrier, or Hardware.

I have a Note 5, my wife has a Note 3 (both on ATT). Neither device is rooted, both are running stock ROM and we are both (currently) using the native messaging app.

My wife's handset is actually Note 3 number FIVE. Her first one was damaged and EVERY insurance replacement up until the fourth one was defective.

Her original Note 3 was damaged but also developed a weird quirk - it would not receive texts from my mother's phone (all on the same ATT account). It received msg's from everyonelse, just not that particular number.

Fast forward to Note 3 number 5 - it has stopped receiving texts from MY number (Note 5 also on ATT). I will sit with both phones, send texts from one to the other. Texts make it from my wife's Note 3 to my Note 5 but will NOT make it from my Note 5 to her Note 3. I send texts to every other number, without issue.

I've checked in every setting I can think of and do not see any type of "block" on my number.

Ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones