1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

weird stuff going on with extended battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crackers8199, Dec 21, 2011.

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Android Enthusiast

so, i got the new extended battery today...installed it in my phone and all seems to be well, except...

- it charged really fast (from 62% or so when i put it in to full in less than a half hour)
    - now that i'm running it all the way out from full, it at least twice that i've noticed has gone UP one percentage point without putting it back on the charger...i've got battery indicator installed and logging, and it went from 32% discharging to 31%, back to 32% a bit later

is this normal? is there a certain procedure i should go through to make sure it calibrates correctly? i remember there was a "wipe battery stats" in CWM on my incredible, is there anything like that i should be doing for the nexus?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Give it 2-3 charge cycles and see what happens. Yes I've seen battery % go up especially after a reboot. You can wipe batt stats just like you used to with the Inc after the cycles and with a full charge. Are ya rooted? :)

3. JSK

JSK Newbie

Im curious how to do that as well and I am rooted. I've been prepping my standard battery over a few charge cycles and tomorrow plan on moving on to the extended one and making it my default.

4. crackers8199

lol, of course i'm rooted :)

what's the proper procedure for wiping battery stats? i remember when i used to do it on my incredible there were a whole bunch of different opinions on when to do it...some people said do it when the battery is almost dead and then charge to full. some said charge to 100% and then wipe. some said charge to 100%, bump charge, then wipe...

what's the proper time to do it?

5. jbdan

You'll need to be rooted with CWM installed for your recovery. If you're covered there, than boot into cwm>advanced>wipe battery stats.

I've always done this after a bump charge to 100 or full while phone is off (using lightflow to gauge charge).

See above ^ ;)

Although I do not believe there is a "proper time or method". Just what you think is best from your experience

6. crackers8199

7. jbdan

Lightflow as the GN has no way of telling us how far the charge has reached (EDIT: when powered off). Isn't that dumb :p

There is a lite version free as well

I redact this someone posted how to show it. Push power quickly when off and the big battery shows up :)

8. crackers8199

ahh, gotcha. it works to notify with the phone off?

will it screw around with settings i have for apps that already control the led? for example, i already have k9 set to flash the led different colors for my different e-mail accounts...will lightflow leave that alone or mess with it?

9. jbdan

hmm I don't use it, but I think it does not work with phone off. Lightflow might mess with K9 I'm not sure.

You can push the power button (very quickly) when the phone is off and you'll get the big battery onscreen to show you what it is doing for a few seconds.

10. crackers8199

if i'm bumping to 100% with phone off then wiping stats, how do i know when it's full?

11. jbdan

Push the power button. Don't hold down just click it. It will show the battery state. I'd only bump it once. Boot right into CWM while still plugged in and wipe batt stats

12. crackers8199

alright. how do i boot into CWM without turning the phone on? i've always just used quick boot (or adb) to get into recovery...

also, what will the icon look like when it's full? i just turned it off now at 98% and the on screen battery icon is full and not moving...will the icon change to a plug or something of that sort?

13. jbdan

Hold volume down and up (both) then hold power button until powered on. This will take you to the screen where you can then select to go into recovery use volume button to choose and power button to select

EDIT: I think it just shows a full battery that is all.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews