• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird stuff happening that need a reset

Adlebo

Sep 5, 2010
Lately weird things are happening to my Epic. First, I realized that I'm only able to send text messages but I wasn't receiving any incoming messages. So I took out the battery put it back (soft reset) and then all old messages from two days ago started going out and the messaging is working again. But now I had another weird thing happening. When putting in headphones the audio was coming out of the headphones and out of the phone as well. Plus the sound was terrible. I tried this with a few different headphones to confirm the problem was with the phone itself. Well, yes, I took out the battery and made yet another reset and walla! Its working fine.
My question is: is this normal? Is it happening to anyone else as well?

I've had the messaging issue with my old Hero and my wife has had it with her Evo. I have yet to have it with the Epic.

Never had the headphone issue FWIW.

It's worth keeping in mind that the phone is basically a small computer. If you have to reboot it every once in a while, no big deal. If you have to reboot it multiple times a day though, that's a whole different story.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones