1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Weird stuff happening that need a reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adlebo, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Adlebo

Adlebo Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Lately weird things are happening to my Epic. First, I realized that I'm only able to send text messages but I wasn't receiving any incoming messages. So I took out the battery put it back (soft reset) and then all old messages from two days ago started going out and the messaging is working again. But now I had another weird thing happening. When putting in headphones the audio was coming out of the headphones and out of the phone as well. Plus the sound was terrible. I tried this with a few different headphones to confirm the problem was with the phone itself. Well, yes, I took out the battery and made yet another reset and walla! Its working fine.
    My question is: is this normal? Is it happening to anyone else as well?

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    I've had the messaging issue with my old Hero and my wife has had it with her Evo. I have yet to have it with the Epic.

Never had the headphone issue FWIW.

It's worth keeping in mind that the phone is basically a small computer. If you have to reboot it every once in a while, no big deal. If you have to reboot it multiple times a day though, that's a whole different story.