1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Weird syncing issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrfascinate, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mrfascinate

mrfascinate Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    Lemme start by saying I was finally able to figure out how to sync my fascinate with the music on my computer. It took a while but I did eventually figure it out. But now I'm having a very strange problem. I'm unable to mount the phone when I connect it to my computer. The problem is whenever I plug the phone into the computer the phone doesn't recognize a USB connection... So I can't go in and tell it to mount. The weird part is that if I just plug the phone into the wall to charge that's when I get the USB notification that I've connected to a USB. Somewhere my phone has mixed the two inputs up. Anybody know of a way to fix this???

Advertisement

2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Software Engineer
    When this happens to me, I unplug the phone from the computer/wall charger, go into Settings -> Applications -> USB settings and tap on Mass storage (even though it is already selected). Then, the next time I plug my phone into the computer, I get the USB connected / mounting dialog. Let me know if it works for you.

3. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    Do you have Samsung drivers installed on your computer so it can recognize the Fascinate?

4. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    NC, USA
    You don't have to have the drivers for music;)