• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird texting issues

effluent

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2010
West Tejas
I got my phone on launch day and now all the sudden the last week at least I've had weird issues with texting. I thought maybe it was Handcent but I just noticed it on the default texting app. For awhile on Handcent sometimes when I'd open a 'conversation' it would have one persons messages but another persons name on the top. Yesterday I sent a text to one person, it showed in the conversation that it went to the correct person, but someone else actually received it(and it didn't show on my end that the wrong person got it). I deleted Handcent, as obviously that's unacceptable..Who would want, say, their mom, to get a questionable text meant for one of your fly honeys right?! However, I was just looking at texts from last night sent from the default text app and it showed a text I'd sent to one person going to the wrong person(but I know the right one received it...basically the opposite of what happened previously). Has anyone else had issues like this?!

I got my phone on launch day and now all the sudden the last week at least I've had weird issues with texting. I thought maybe it was Handcent but I just noticed it on the default texting app. For awhile on Handcent sometimes when I'd open a 'conversation' it would have one persons messages but another persons name on the top. Yesterday I sent a text to one person, it showed in the conversation that it went to the correct person, but someone else actually received it(and it didn't show on my end that the wrong person got it). I deleted Handcent, as obviously that's unacceptable..Who would want, say, their mom, to get a questionable text meant for one of your fly honeys right?! However, I was just looking at texts from last night sent from the default text app and it showed a text I'd sent to one person going to the wrong person(but I know the right one received it...basically the opposite of what happened previously). Has anyone else had issues like this?!

This exact thing happens to me almost daily, both ways.. sometimes i send a txt and it shows the right person got it, but someone else actually received it, and sometimes, it shows the wrong person got it but the right person actually received it.. im using the stock SMS app. any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have always had nightmares about this situation actually happening. That would be TOTALLY NOT COOL!

yeah, my GF got a message i sent to my buddy last night that said, "I can't meet you tonight, maybe next week?" and she's leaving for the holidays next week so im sure she was thinking... but on my phone it shows it went to my friend.. crazy.

any thoughts?
thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones