1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird things happening to my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jongo, Aug 11, 2010.

  1. jongo

    jongo Member
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    15
    Posts:
    39
    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010

    Jun 24, 2010
    39
    0
    15
    Well i just powered it off and turned it back on and it went from like 84% battery life while on the charger to 100 when it powered back on and took it off the charger then it dropped down to 91% 10 mins after.

    Another problem im having is with text messaging. Sometimes ill click someones name and it will goto a complete different person in my text messages not even below the persons name i clicked. And sometimes when i text the texting field freezes but nothing else and i have to exit for it to work. and people arent recieving my texts or im not getting theres alot of the time
     

    Advertisement

  2. BKBitar

    BKBitar Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    16
    Posts:
    54
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010

    Jul 11, 2010
    54
    4
    16
    Well the battery thing can be attributed to the phone running on its own battery once it reaches full charge, not charging even if its hooked up.

    What messenger are you using? Stock, Hancent, Chomp? If its a 3rd party program, try uninstalling then reinstalling.You could back up files, then do a hard reset if its freezing as well, might fix all your problems, and give the phone a slight boost in speed.
     
  3. EarlyMon

    EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    Rank:
     #1
    Points:
    5,218
    Posts:
    57,632
    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010

    Jun 10, 2010
    57,632
    70,424
    5,218
    New Mexico, USA
  4. Traceamount

    Traceamount Well-Known Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    43
    Posts:
    182
    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010

    Jul 8, 2010
    182
    27
    43
    Productions Manager
    Alabama
    I noticed on mine after going to .3, while txting it would seem to "freeze". The prediction word that would be highlighted would turn grey, instead of green and i couldnt type any letters - however, if I hit the spacebar, the prediction word goes green and all is well, otherwise, I had to hit the power button on/off to type anymore. However I dont share any of your other problems, try this next time your txting "freezes" and let me know!
     
  5. slugbug

    slugbug Well-Known Member
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    38
    Posts:
    171
    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2010

    Jul 26, 2010
    171
    21
    38
    Longhorn Land
    FWIW - I have changed my charging habits and now get better battery life. I no longer charge over night. I went to bed last night with 20% remaining and woke up to 19% remaining. After checking emails, FB, news etc while drinking coffee, I left for work with 15% remaining. I charge the phone when I get to work and take it off the charger as soon as I notice the green indicator light.

    I used to drop the first 10% within 10 minutes when I charged over night, now it stays pretty steady. As others have noticed, it does seem to use the first 25% or so lots faster (??) than the remaining 75%.

    I have no problems going a full 12 hours using the phone like a laptop, and am confident in going 24+ hours with light use if I need to.
     
  6. jongo

    jongo Member
    Thread Starter
    Rank:
    None
    Points:
    15
    Posts:
    39
    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010

    Jun 24, 2010
    39
    0
    15
    I hard reset the phone after install of 2.2 i use stock texting app. I know about how once it reaches 100% it stops charging but it was 84% before i restarted the phone then it went to 100 and down to 91% so my battery is off or not reading correct battery left
     
Tags:

Share This Page

Loading...