1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Weird voice problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wolfchild38, Sep 17, 2011.

1. wolfchild38

wolfchild38 New Member

Sep 17, 2011
    My phone has no other applications then what was installed onto it at the store. So when I make a phone call, my voice on the other end can't be heard at all, I then have to mute it, then unmute it, but when I do, there's a creepy, demonic like voice on the other end. Might it be a mic problem? I don't know, but I am very annoyed.

Advertisement

2. enowicki

enowicki New Member

Sep 24, 2011
    My phone seems to have the exact same problem. Have tried several different roms and nothing helps. Sometimes mute on/off fixes it othertimes it takes two or more calls before the voice starts to work again. Any answers out there?

3. clavato

clavato New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have the same problem.Any one with a solution to this porblem?

4. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Student
    Sugar Land, TX
    This seems to be a persistent bug in all Acer stock firmwares or any custom ROMs based on Acer stock firmware. It is very annoying. Here is a fix which was discussed but requires root- Issue 263 - acer-liquid-community-rom-bugtracker - Occasionally, mic stops working during call - This is a bugtracker for the Community ROM for the Acer Liquid based on Android 2.2 - Google Project Hosting . Not entirely sure if it works.

My only possible solution I can think of would be for you to root it and install a new ROM such as LiquidNext, Oxygen or MIUI. I am not 100% sure if that works since I installed it onto my Liquid AFTER I purchased my next phone BUT it seems to be find whenever I have had to use my Liquid as my daily drivers (which has only been a couple of occasions since).

All that stuff can be found here- Acer Liquid - Liquid.MoDaCo.com - Android @ MoDaCo (the sticky titled Ultimate Liquid Thread might be the best place to start).