1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support weird volume issue plus apps freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gale65, Apr 18, 2014.

1. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Female
    indiana
    1. I can't seem to adjust my volume unless I'm in an app. Is that normal? It was not with my old phone and I'm pretty sure I was able to do it with this phone before today. I'd like to be able to just turn the volume down before going into a place where I don't want my phone to make noise without opening an app first.

2. apps freezing. Today the next browser froze and I had to turn the phone off and on to make it unfreeze. Also farm heroes froze and i had to force stop it to make it unfreeze (luckily I was losing anyway).

my phone is rooted but has the stock rom.

eta: by "turn off the phone" I just meant push the button on the side off and then on. I didn't have to reboot or anything. Still annoying.

Advertisement

2. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Steeler country
    I haven't found where to set the volume either unless an app is using it. Very awkward!

3. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Steeler country
    Just found it! Go to Settings>Sound> then hit Volumes. I thought that was just a heading... didn't know to click it.

4. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Female
    indiana
    I have it adjusted in settings but sometimes I need to just quickly adjust and want to do it by using the volume buttons on the side. I use different volumes in different game apps too (loud for songpop, not so loud for scramble, farm heroes, etc) and once in a while I can't adjust in the app (same thing with my old phone but with it I could go to my home screen, adjust, and reopen the app).

Tags: