• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird weather screen problem

I've come to the conclusion that this bug is totally random and it works and doesn't work whenever it feels like it.

I am in Luton, and sometimes it displays the weather when I have it set to "current location" and sometimes it doesn't. If I leave it set to current location and move out of the area, it changes location and displays the weather perfectly.

Eg. It hasn't displayed the weather in Luton when I have set it to "current location" for some time. This thread reminded me to check the "current location" setting and it now displays the weather.

I usually set it to Luton manually when the current location feature isn't working in Luton, and I change it to current location when I leave the area.

It's not ideal, but it works for now at least.

Upvote 0
I am in Luton, and sometimes it displays the weather when I have it set to "current location" and sometimes it doesn't. If I leave it set to current location and move out of the area, it changes location and displays the weather perfectly.
My home location is Bromley and current location never works, although the Bromley data is there when you type it in as a location. Weather by current location has worked fine everywhere else for me.

I bought the Beautiful Widgets app for 50p or

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem ever since I got my Desire. I also live in Portsmouth.

So having lost my rag with the standard weather widget I downloaded all the "beautiful widgets" available from the market which includes some nice weather and clock screens.

Now I have Portsmouth being updated every 15mins with all the fancy animation and I also have an accuweather report on rest of the weeks weather ie rainfall, wind, sun, cloud, uv index etc etc.

All works a charm.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
On the main screen with the big digital clock screen widget, just hold it for a couple of seconds and it will suddenly have a big green border round it and you will also now see a REMOVE button at the bottom of your screen (Same as when you remove any app from any screen). Now just keeping your finger on the widget drag it down to the REMOVE button and it disppears.

Once you have done that, simply hit the + which is bottom right, choose widget, and then choose Clock (HTC) - It will now give you the option to scroll right selecting different clock faces, and the one you want is I think the third one. Just follow the prompts for the location and dont choose current, choose your city - If it's not there just add it with the option at the top of the list.

You can try adding the widget on any other screen first if you want to be comfortable that it works. There are lots of other widgets to play with too. My favourite is the Power Control (Android) which gives you a simple bar with 5 buttons that allow you to toggle on or off your Wireless / Bluetooth / GPS / Synch / Brightness - Brightness one has 3 settings that you achive by simply pressing the button - DIM (Great at night for me) / Medium / Bright - Love it.

Regards
Ken................

Thanks, was just stumbiling around last night trying to remove the clock and weather from the main screen. so simple, yet so far away,,lol.

subscribed.

Upvote 0
On the main screen with the big digital clock screen widget, just hold it for a couple of seconds and it will suddenly have a big green border round it and you will also now see a REMOVE button at the bottom of your screen (Same as when you remove any app from any screen). Now just keeping your finger on the widget drag it down to the REMOVE button and it disppears.

Once you have done that, simply hit the + which is bottom right, choose widget, and then choose Clock (HTC) - It will now give you the option to scroll right selecting different clock faces, and the one you want is I think the third one. Just follow the prompts for the location and dont choose current, choose your city - If it's not there just add it with the option at the top of the list...

I've just done this to see if it will reinstate my weather/clock widget full-stop and so far so good. For some reason it never occurred to me, I just moaned that the widget had gone altogether if the phone wasn't connected to t'web or wifi. Let's see if it lasts ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones