• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Well...f*ck me sideways!

homey

Dec 14, 2010
Ok, I got my SGS around 5 / 6 days ago and the day after I got it, Kies told me that I had a Gigerbread update witing for me. I wiped my sweaty little hands and updated and have been using the phone since.

In the past 6-8 months, these are the phones I've had:

iPhone 3
HTC Desire
Blackberry 9700
Blackberry Torch
HTC Desire HD
IPhone 4
Palm Pre+

I've disposed of each one because they're either lame or have poor battery life.
I only bought the Galaxy S because, basically, I'd run out of credible phones to buy, but you know what, I wish I'd bought the damn thing before I bought any of the others!
I am totally sold on this thing. It's the only phone that I've not regretted buying!
The battery life is absolutely astounding. Ive had it running for 2 days (12 -13 hrs per day) and the battery still has 1/3 left! None of the others even come close (apart from the BB9700 and it's hardly competition)!
I've found it stable, logical in function, the screen is wonderful, calls are super clear and everything just works.

If you're on the fence about any Android smartphone, get one of these and don't look back. I wish I'd bought one months ago - I would have saved myself a bucket load of money!

Well done Samsung! :)

Ok, I got my SGS around 5 / 6 days ago and the day after I got it, Kies told me that I had a Gigerbread update witing for me. I wiped my sweaty little hands and updated and have been using the phone since.

In the past 6-8 months, these are the phones I've had:

iPhone 3
HTC Desire
Blackberry 9700
Blackberry Torch
HTC Desire HD
IPhone 4
Palm Pre+

I've disposed of each one because they're either lame or have poor battery life.
I only bought the Galaxy S because, basically, I'd run out of credible phones to buy, but you know what, I wish I'd bought the damn thing before I bought any of the others!
I am totally sold on this thing. It's the only phone that I've not regretted buying!
The battery life is absolutely astounding. Ive had it running for 2 days (12 -13 hrs per day) and the battery still has 1/3 left! None of the others even come close (apart from the BB9700 and it's hardly competition)!
I've found it stable, logical in function, the screen is wonderful, calls are super clear and everything just works.

If you're on the fence about any Android smartphone, get one of these and don't look back. I wish I'd bought one months ago - I would have saved myself a bucket load of money!

Well done Samsung! :)

Lol lovin' it! Glad you seem to be as happy with your SGS as I am! :) Welcome to the forums!

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

Upvote 0
I say no. Why buy a SGS now? It's like buying a 3GS after the iPhone4 has came out. If you have waited this long, you might as well wait a little longer for the price of the Galaxy S II to drop. As a rule of thumb, it's not worth buying tech products after half their product life cycle.

The prices are no where near comparable...

SGS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones