• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well guys, I switched to Sharp Aquos..

TriumphLance

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2011
I've been having issues with this lg Volt having poor cell signal and Im still in my return window. I happened to find the Sharp Aquos today for boost mobile at a best buy mobile. All I can say is it's the most amazingly sexy device I've ever seen. It puts the iPhone to shame. The employee was even impressed with it.
66cd06661beb1c31dd8ca047f7813dd6.jpg

Reactions: zararahmad
I read entirely too many reviews that focused on its poorly made design. The plastic screen would definitely be an issue with me and from what I hear, it doesn't help that the entire phone is all cheap feeling. I have big hands so that probably wouldn't last but a few months with me.

I also read that the plastic screen is a bit less responsive then glass. This was explained by the cnet device review, and I think the other was phone arena. That one I can't remember, but I do remember the cnet one.

Upvote 0
Well I just downloaded multi-touch test from play store and its 5 touches and there's no lag at all in fact its extremely responsive. I have had a lot of phones and can't say I notice any lag with touch at all yet. I'm in the honey moon stage obviously but I'm loving it so far. By the way Swype is working fabulously as well and you know that requires precision.

Upvote 0
Yes I'm in the US. Only place I've seen it is best buy mobile. It's not even in boost mobiles website.
Ohhh... hahaha! Great to know! Thanks! I was waiting for this phone for awhile and was wondering if it would ever get released... i almost got a Moto G but held out so I could get this. I'm gonna check out best buy for it soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Upvote 0
O.k....so opinions differ and that's cool. ;)
Just a reminder from da bossman:

Phases said:
.....So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive, positive, 'add to the conversation' kinda way –........We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments....

/thread scrubbed a little.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of waiting for that phone but the deal breaker for me was the non-removable battery. Im big on privacy and security. A phone with no sd card slot or removable battery just doesnt sit right with me. I have a s2 that has been modded, hacked and de-googlefied. I just received my Lg Volt in the mail a couple days ago. I have noticed a few glitches but hopefully development pick-up. Im tempted to root.

Upvote 0
I have installed wet skins on my volt twice now, no lasting issues. I will say how ever that it sooo totally hates water. The first time I cut my own skin when I first bought it, but recently I installed a fabricated one from xtreme guard. Were all my other devices would regain most of their touch accuracy several hours after applying the screen the volt took 48 hours to regain full touch. I had a very hard time unlocking it after just applying the screen.

Reactions: donjuro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones