1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Well hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SRH12, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SRH12

SRH12 Member
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Hey people,

Ok so I'm an newbie around here and dare I say... an iphone user. Actually, scratch that, a soon to be former iphone user. Yup, I've loved my iphone 3g but since apple decided to brick it with iOS 4.0, its been hobbling along like a wounded soldier for years now. I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things. Yes, I'm being traded to team android and I'm pretty pumped about it.

Now don't get me wrong, I've been an apple user for a loooong time and will be sticking to macbooks for the forseeable future. And personally, I dont understand all the apple hate that gets tossed around (isn't competition good?, I mean, android wouldnt be as great as it is if it werent for the competition between itself and iOS, right?!) But lately, I'm really just digging the innovations found on these android devices, I think apple is really starting to lag behind for the first time. So, me being a disloyal traitor, I decided instead of going for the iphone 4, it's time to switch it up! And I gotta say, I'm excited.

So if anyone has any advice for me, please share. I'm ready to dive into one of these dual core beauties on the horizon. Although, I'm getting a little anxious and sick of waiting. Why do they tease us so, why cant there be any solid release dates???

I'm really leaning towards a few of them...specifically the evo 3d, sensation 4g, and galaxy S2. I've played around with a friend's evo and loved it. I think I really like sense UI too. On the other hand, the galaxy S2 looks like a sexy beast, and the specs are unbeatable. I hear some dont like touchwiz, but the new version of it looks pretty darn good to me. Or do i opt for a more bare bones android phone? (coming from iOS, it might have a steep learning curve for me) What to do! The internal memory on the 3d isnt great, and the sensation's memory is worse, right? Why would HTC do that? And is that a deal breaker?

I'm on At&T now, but I'm more than ready to jump their ship too. I dont have any preference for carriers to be honest, so that wont affect my decision. Where I live, in Pittsburgh, theres 4g available from all of them so I wont sweat it. I am a little leery of big red's lte though. What with the recent outage and all. I decided to skip the thunderbolt, it seems pretty last gen. And after the garbage battery life I've been getting out of my 3g, I deserve better for a while.

Ok guys, that was a mounthfull but I'd live any advice you can give me. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    SRH12 likes this.
  3. SRH12

SRH12 Member
    None