1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Well, hello!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lefthand, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2009
    Male
    UK
    Just upgraded to the One Mini, the fourth HTC phone I've had a row, having started with the Hero many moons ago.. and I'm not disappointed. As ever the build quality is superb and looks great. Loving it's features -the screen is just fantastic, not just in terms of resolution but also in terms of faithful and natural colour reproduction. The processor certainly does its' job, everything runs really smoothly and fast. The sound/music player are simply awesome, the speakers just blew me away, they even sound better than my Nexus 7, not to mention other phones! I've played a bit with the camera and again, so many great features and dispelled my fears about only having 4 megs. The larger pixels are much better especially in low lighting. Great nifty features in the camera as well, so much to play with! And the Sense interface is still by far the best interface for an Android phone, period. I was considering going for a Samsung G, soo glad I didn't!
    My only gripe so far is the radio, (still pretty crappy), battery life(only marginally better that my old One S), and the fact that BBC Iplayer doesnt support downloads on the Mini (it does on the One). But I can't blame HTC for that! Looking forward to the next 24 months then! :p

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Glad you like it. :)

How old is the phone? You might find battery life improves after a few weeks. I never judge battery life on a new phone until it's at least a fortnight old.

Lefthand likes this.
  3. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2009
    Male
    UK
    As before, what gets me about battery life it's the drain on actual calls. I can go through a whole day of surfing, a bit of basic gaming and still have plenty of juice left at the end of the day. But if I make a couple of 5 - 10 minute calls the battery's down to 20% in no time. Calls are by far the biggest drain on battery life. Which, let's face it, it's what the thing is designed to do in the first place..

4. tori729

tori729 Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2012
    Female
    Glad to hear a positive review! I'm looking for something new that's on the small side but still somewhat better than what I have and this might be it!

Tags: