1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

well I crashed it :/

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmajor1111, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jmajor1111

jmajor1111 Newbie

not sure what i did but the n1 locked hard when i answered a phone call. I could hear the caller but she couldn't hear me. no buttons would respond and she finally hung up but the phone sat with the same screen. I let it sit about 20 minutes before i pulled the battery and rebooted. :(

Also noticed that my bluetooth calls are sounding muffled... tried several devices including a jawbone2 to no avail. The callers tell me to speak up and i find i'm speaking louder than a normal conversation just to be heard.

anyone else seeing these issues?

2. smitty24

smitty24 Android Enthusiast

that happened to me one. i slid to answer and it froze, but the callers voice was on the speaker phone, though he couldnt hear me. i had to do a battery pull. hasnt happened since.

3. iSEq

iSEq Lurker

I had a weather app do the same.
    To fix it, I did the same thing (battery pull) and it was fine.

This doesn't bother me though. The world is an imperfect place - I would have to do the hard reset with my iPhone (hold the power button and esc key) too. Just a fact of life :)

4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Android Expert

Welcome to the world of smartphones! These are mini-computers, so they're bound to crash, especially since Android phones run multiple apps.

5. jmajor1111

jmajor1111 Newbie

too true. thankfully the crash has only happened once and so far i've been very happy with the results. I was just concerned that a freshly loaded phone would do such a thing.

6. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Android Expert

You'll likely experience a few more crashes. As good as Android is today, it still lacks a LOT of polish. As a result, crashes are bound to happen. Apple OS is still much more stable. It's similar to OSX and Windows situation.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews