• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, I deleted my HTC M8's Build.prop

Hage

Lurker
Apr 18, 2017
I cant do anything with the phone right now. I have twrp installed and ist rooted but i cant boot into recovery mode because the phone is in some strange state or smth. if i plug it into my pc, it recognizes that i have plugged smth in but it wont do anything else..

Nothing you do to the ROM should stop it booting into recovery. Can you describe this "strange state"?

If in doubt, force a reboot (press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds) then press and hold volume down the moment it restarts. You should then be able to select recovery from the bootloader menu. If that procedure doesn't work you've done something more profound than deleting the build.prop ;)

Upvote 0
Well it was strange idk. i opened my phone and unplugged and replugged the power. than i was able to get to recovery mode and i got everything ok with the build.prob:D now my only problem is to change the resolution because i f* up so bad with that and i am currently searching for that

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me and I thought I had bricked the phone. I could only turn it on by holding power+up and so couldn't get into recovery. Connected it to the laptop and typed 'adb reboot recovery' in to a command prompt which got me into recovery . Then I mounted the system partition and moved a copy of an unedited build.prop file there and all was good again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones