• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well... I found my next phone.

swc2001

Android Expert
Aug 28, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I love my ally but.....:D

HTC ThunderBolt? at Verizon

The ThunderBolt It is going to have EVERYTHING YOUVE ALWAYS WANTED IN A SMART PHONE.

Read these lil nuggets of news about Qualcomm and Netflix.
The Thunder Bolt is using a Qualcomm processor that is 1 GHZ

Netflix shares jump on news of Android streaming - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

Netflix Explodes Higher After Announcement That Includes The Words "Android" And "Qualcomm" And "Tablet" - Yahoo! Finance

I cant wait this is going to be HOT!!!

What are yalls thoughts?

Reactions: Rookie4life2
Nice phone, but the overall form factor is too big for my liking. I've held the bigger phones, (Droid X, EVO 4G, etc.) and I just don't like how big they are. I want a phone that fits easily in my back pocket and all these new phones are just to big. Plus, I have small hands and they are uncomfortable to hold while talking. The Ally and Incredible are about as big as I want a phone to be.

Upvote 0
Personally i'm not impressed with it :X. I've seen the unboxing vid and the review vid of it, It reminds of an Evo personally. Just with some more memory, more updated processor, and comes witha 32gb sdcard. There may be more but idk. If it really costs 750 (i think) off contract i'd rather just go ahead and get the Xoom then.

Something from a manufacture not hell bent on locking out users from Root would be nice to.....

Upvote 0
If I had my choice of any phone right now it would be the Droid Bionic hands down! It completely destroys any of the other Verizon phones (including the Thunderbolt) in performance. I mean come on, look at the freakin specs. It's a beast!!!

Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz Dual-core processor
512 RAM
Adobe Flash Player and HTML5 support
Front-facing VGA camera
Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera
Multiplayer gaming capabilities
4.3-inch HD quality screen
HDMI connectivity
Full 1080p support
"Mirror Mode

Upvote 0
If I had my choice of any phone right now it would be the Droid Bionic hands down! It completely destroys any of the other Verizon phones (including the Thunderbolt) in performance. I mean come on, look at the freakin specs. It's a beast!!!

Nvidia Tegra 2 1GHz Dual-core processor
512 RAM
Adobe Flash Player and HTML5 support
Front-facing VGA camera
Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera
Multiplayer gaming capabilities
4.3-inch HD quality screen
HDMI connectivity
Full 1080p support
"Mirror Mode

Upvote 0
Yes it is a 4G phone and it was listed on Amazon for a short time for 149.99. They took it down for some reason. So I am assuming that the price will be about 149.99-199.99 with a new contract. I'm not sure what the upgrade price will be. I'm about to head to Verizon and talk to one of my buddies that works there. Maybe he'll be able to give me more info onit.

Upvote 0
LG seems to be making great turn around this year with their new line of high end Android like Optimus 2X, Black, 3D. 2X (Tegra 2) and 3D (OMAP4) are getting insane benchmark results lately.
The problem is that none of their dual core super-phone is not announced for Verizon yet. Only the Revolution 4G LTE is supposed to hit verizon store sometime in Q2.

Upvote 0
Im gonna wait for a 4 row keyboard before I buy anything... Ive tried quite a few and always come back to my Ally... I use numbers to much to have a 3 row keyboard... But, thats just a preference, others could probably care less about it....

Also, I wanna see how the data pricing is... Im not paying extra for 4g when im not near a 4g city...

Have 3 upgrades on 5/11.... Curious to see whats out by then with a keyboard.....Lets not forget about this LG coming out..

LG Revolution hands-on - Pocket-lint

Upvote 0
Im gonna wait for a 4 row keyboard before I buy anything... Ive tried quite a few and always come back to my Ally... I use numbers to much to have a 3 row keyboard... But, thats just a preference, others could probably care less about it....

Also, I wanna see how the data pricing is... Im not paying extra for 4g when im not near a 4g city...

Have 3 upgrades on 5/11.... Curious to see whats out by then with a keyboard.....Lets not forget about this LG coming out..

LG Revolution hands-on - Pocket-lint
I was concerned about the 4G's astronomical pricing as well.... however I found out you can still use a 3g package on the 4G phones.
Also they said they are working on similar pricing for 4g and working on unlimited on that.... well see I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones