1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General well, i just put on my steinheil oleophobic screen protector last night

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubbaNexus, Jan 7, 2012.

1. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    it works great. crystal clear, and no affect whatsoever on touch sensitivity. it doesn't affect touch sensitivity or make the screen grainy like the xo skin i had. no bubbles either.

it's smooth to the touch, not rubbery like the xo skin too.

it went on easy the first time. no lint or dust trapped. took about 1 minute to install :D

(it's a dry install, just peel and stick). $13.99 out the door from amazon.

only thing is it doesn't go to the edges all the way, not even the side edges. i can understand not going to the bottom edge because it's curved and it'll peel up, but why doesn't it go to the side edges? :thinking:

however, despite this, this is the best screen protector i've tried so far.

Advertisement

jbdan likes this.
  2. j c m

j c m Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    I have the same protector and love it.

3. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    SysAdmin
    Silicon Valley
    I have the Steinhell Super Oleo and it is the worst grease magnet I have ever seen. It is much worse than a bare screen and MUCH worse than the Steinhell matt finish I had on my DroidX(2). I will keep it because I prefer to have a protector and hate the rubbery ones. But it is a pretty big disappointment compared to my prior experience. It also distorts much worse because it collects oil so much.

edit: And by the way I am pretty confident in saying that the factory car dock would peel the edges up if the screen protector extended to the edges. Another reason they can't make a dry apply that covers the whole screen.

4. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    it is a grease magnet, no doubt. it still works great though. rather have that issue than a grainy screen and affected touch sensitivity as i did with the xo skin. :)

5. sperho

sperho Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    Eastern TN
    There appears to be a slight bevel on the edges of the screen. I misplaced my first Steiheil Oleo and it did not conform to the bevel and a the portion of the screen protector did not stick right where the bevel started...

Love the SUO, though. I've tried it, the XO, and the Diztronic and it by far has the best feel and it's very clear to boot. As far as grease magnetism, I couldn't tell much difference from a naked screen...

Tags: