• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well...I will miss you guys.

Thats

That guy is This
Feb 19, 2010
Fargo, ND
Went to Verizon tonight to talk about my plan, ended up getting about $15 off what we pay monthly. But what ended up happening is I got talked into buying a Thunderbolt for $250, using an upgrade. Sadly to say, I will miss my Droid X. BUT HELLO UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!

Stephen and Friends, I will still talk. Join me on the "dark" side. :D

PS: Selling MINT Droid X $250. ;)

I have heard bad things about the call quality and build quality of htc phones

I agree somewhat with this. Like I wouldn't go so far as to say that HTC phones are poorly made. However in a direct comparison between my DX and my buddies EVO, the HTC phone doesn't seem up to Motorola's standards of build quality. I would have to say Motorola devices are on par with Apple as far as build quality (not design mind you, we aren't talking 'antenna-gate' here) goes.

However I give HTC the nod in the style department. I've found most HTC devices to look sexier than just about any Moto phone. Where as Motorola devices usually just look solid and grow on you, but not many people look at my DX with stars in their eyes like some people's phones get. Not that I'd evet buy a phone for that reason. Just sayin.

But I'm with you pal! I have an upgrade and I'm looking to jump onto a unlocked device myself. Hope the Bolt knocks your socks off!

Upvote 0
I would have to say Motorola devices are on par with Apple as far as build quality (not design mind you, we aren't talking 'antenna-gate' here) goes.

However I give HTC the nod in the style department. I've found most HTC devices to look sexier than just about any Moto phone. Where as Motorola devices usually just look solid and grow on you, but not many people look at my DX with stars in their eyes like some people's phones get. Not that I'd evet buy a phone for that reason. Just sayin.
I fell in love with the DX's style when I first saw it, it's not all girly like the IPhone. Thats why I'm hoping the DX2 is 4g and maybe similar specs as the TB or Bionic. The Bionics sister (Atrix) has that bad ass lapdock but it's expensive for a keyboard and display, plus at&t charge a tethering fee to use the accessory. If the lapdock works with the Bionic and Verizon doesn't charge a fee to use an accessory then the Bionic may be at the top of my list.

Upvote 0
I'll be doing a review sometime today of the phone. Comparisons 100% to the Droid X. Anything specific that you guys would like me to touch upon?

Just your personal experience with it. Call quality, feel, etc. I already handled it at the store, extensively, so I know the phone. :)

Not to ruin your day or anything, but did you read the article saying that the TB will NOT be getting the new sense HD? Sorry. :p

Upvote 0
Just your personal experience with it. Call quality, feel, etc. I already handled it at the store, extensively, so I know the phone. :)

Not to ruin your day or anything, but did you read the article saying that the TB will NOT be getting the new sense HD? Sorry. :p

But ya gotta believe the devs will take care of that Stephen..........lol

Upvote 0
I fell in love with the DX's style when I first saw it, it's not all girly like the IPhone. Thats why I'm hoping the DX2 is 4g and maybe similar specs as the TB or Bionic. The Bionics sister (Atrix) has that bad ass lapdock but it's expensive for a keyboard and display, plus at&t charge a tethering fee to use the accessory. If the lapdock works with the Bionic and Verizon doesn't charge a fee to use an accessory then the Bionic may be at the top of my list.

i believe it's been confirmed that the dx2 is 3g only

Upvote 0

You say this like you think i use Sense. Haha. I do not like the look of Sense UI. I am a ASOP at heart.

Upvote 0
I fell in love with the DX's style when I first saw it, it's not all girly like the IPhone...

Ah yes, oh how I love me a nice, masculine phone in my hand. Which is why for my next device I'm going with the "ManPhone 8000"...

[Hide]
images
[/spoiler]

Ha, you'll never find one of these babies sandwiched between a maxi pad and a make up kit in some chicks purse!

:D

Upvote 0
No, No you won't.

The reason that I dislike sense so much is the fact that I can't launch any icons from the dock except the menu and my phone.

And Review will be posted sometime tomorrow! I had to root this beast tonight - Way fun. I love adb!
sweet^

Is it 4g? Does the case come in any other colors than army green? lol
it trends to come....out after artillery fire and just before air support....

Upvote 0
i believe it's been confirmed that the dx2 is 3g only

I've seen rumors that it is 4g and the its not 4g so I'm not sure, plus two Verizon salesmen told me they are pretty sure its gonna be 4g but not positive so they may just have seen same rumors as me. They did say they learn about most things through the media, like the tiered data plans and a couple release dates.

Upvote 0
Went to Verizon tonight to talk about my plan, ended up getting about $15 off what we pay monthly. But what ended up happening is I got talked into buying a Thunderbolt for $250, using an upgrade. Sadly to say, I will miss my Droid X. BUT HELLO UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!

Stephen and Friends, I will still talk. Join me on the "dark" side. :D

PS: Selling MINT Droid X $250. ;)

Good luck with your Thunderbolt, but I think you're not entirely correct about the ease in unlocking that thing's bootloader. Couple of friends of mine who just got Thunderbolts are part of the Rescue Squad on another forum, and they reported quite a bit of difficulty in finally rooting their phones - and these are *pros* at doing these things, real technicians. My own experience rooting my HTC Inspire 4G was similar to theirs - a one hour plus "white knuckle" affair that had me thinking up to the end that I'd screwed the rooting up. It seems that rooting *any* of the newer high-end phones is a lot trickier that rooting last years phones was, so be careful, and follow the instructions exactly.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones