• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well I'll be blowed!!

Your deduction is spot-on @MoodyBlues.

Weetabix Cereal 24 Pack.jpg
weetabix-1842x1212-920x605.jpg

Fret not, my rock has already got some in stock!! :D:D, bless her.

I thoroughly enjoyed the one I had this morning and intend having two tomorrow morning :D:D.

Upvote 0
Yippee, @tommo47! :D

Now stock up on your beloved Weetabix and dive in! That plus anything else that strikes your fancy. But it's probably best to take baby steps at first. The last thing you want is to see a favorite food come back up. :eek:

I'm glad you're home. Keep us posted on how you're doing, okay?

Reactions: tommo47
Upvote 0
Hi all, guess where I am....yep, admitted Wednesday mid-afternoon. It seems the chemo drug tablets are the culprit so they are looking at alternatives.

I was hooked up to drip feed and am feeling good now, eating and drinking quite happily.

:)

Keep us informed. Your cyber family cares. I was through this kind of thing with my wife. Ya gotta be flexible in the fight, no? In it to win it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Home again, home again, jiggity jig! :D

In a little bit longer this time as my white cell count was too low for comfort as well as a non-operational stomach.

The medics are still looking for what they think will be the most suitable alternative drug before restarting the chemotherapy.

Upvote 0
That's a bummer tommo. I am glad you are feeling better once again. I hope they get onto something your body can tolerate. I bet you are getting tired of the yo-yo gig.

Home is a good place. Glad to hear that. I hope that they will come up with a working solution you can deal with.

Thank you olbriar, you are so right on both counts.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Great news tommo! I've never been hospitalized but I would think that comfort and rest would be far superior at one's home.

That is a difficult one olbriar, I find the two situations are not easily comparable and certainly couldn't answer with a simple yes. That would be to deny the care and attention of the dozens of hospital staff, in particular the nurses, who do everything they can to keep you safe and comfortable. Mind you I guess you 'get what you give', as in life in general.

Some might say the nurses are 'just doing their job' which may well be true in some cases, but from my experience over the last four months, for each and every nurse, that would be insulting. They all deserve and have my total respect and gratitude.

To further complicate things is the undoubted 'lift' that can be had from the interaction between you and your 5 'ward mates' (and the nurses!!). As always dependent on the 'you get what you give', and some are so poorly they can't join in, but so far there have been at least two others up for a chat and a laugh and bit of friendly 'nurse teasing' :thinking::).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The first time was way back in 1966 when I had an argument with the back-end of a coal wagon whilst riding to work on my Triumph T90 motorcycle. I lost!! and ended up spending 5 days in hospital with two cracked ribs and a fractured wrist, and 6 weeks off work.

What I didn't say was that was one of at least six 'incidents' over a two and a half year period with the bike spending almost as much time being repaired as being ridden. This led to my insurance company refusing to provide comprehensive cover. I loved being on a motorcycle so much that I decided to try a motorcycle combination. I ordered a new Triumph Bonneville T120 (my dream bike) with colour matched sidecar. However, there was quite a long lead time for the Bonneville and my circumstances changed to such an extent that I had to cancel the order and sell the T90. I was absolutely gutted.

Some years later I had another major change in circumstances which allowed me to take up motorcycling again and since 1982 have ridden incident free, the last sixteen years on my Ducati 998.

One problem with sports bikes like the 998 is that they can be very uncomfortable and scary for pillions, my wife certainly thinks so and hasn't been for a ride with me since 1996 when I had a Moto Guzzi California.

Having spoken to my Ducati dealer he has collected the 998 this afternoon and will return as soon as he can with the current Triumph Bonneville complete with sidecar!!

It is not only a teenage dream come true, but of much more significance, it is something that my wife and I can now share.

Happy, happy days ahead.

:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar and Hadron
Upvote 0
Here I am in hospital for the second time in my life.

The first time was way back in 1966 when I had an argument with the back-end of a coal wagon whilst riding to work on my Triumph T90 motorcycle. I lost!! and ended up spending 5 days in hospital with two cracked ribs and a fractured wrist, and 6 weeks off work.

Here I am again, some 54 years later, second night in hospital and just a tad more serious than the first visit. Having been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer about 5 weeks ago, the last six days barely able to eat or drink anything and becoming severely dehydrated, ending up on Tuesday night at the end of an IV drip feed.

Still on the drip feed and hoping to have what they call a 'stent' inserted later today which should enable me to eat and drink normally, at home :):), to get some weight back to continue the fight.

Still, at 72, I guess I've been somewhat lucky considering I'm still riding a motorcycle and I did smoke from the age of 12 until I stopped in 1992.

I guess you could say both visits are down to me!!!!! but what the hell - that's life......
Sending you positive vibes and well wishes! You got this!

Not bad...only your 2nd hospital stay. Try to focus on the fact you get to chill and people are waiting on you. Lol. I'd check in for that alone!

Upvote 0
Hey there, @tommo47, how's it going now? Hopefully, you're doing well. Are you eating and drinking enough for proper nourishment and hydration?

I hope you're still able to get any special, favorite things now, considering the whole panic-buying thing going on around the globe.
To further complicate things is the undoubted 'lift' that can be had from the interaction between you and your 5 'ward mates'
Wait...you have roommates in the hospital? FIVE? Ugh. I, for one, would not get any kind of lift from having roommates. I mean, when I feel like shit, I'm in no mood for idle chit-chat. :mad:

During my six month hospitalization, after another transfer, they initially wheeled me into a semi-private (2-bed) room. I raised hell! Not really...I was too weak to do that, but I did convey that I wanted a private room. Five minutes later I was moved. I just wouldn't do well with roommates in hospitals.

The last time I had one...I was a teenager. Our insurance only covered semi-private rooms for postpartum stays, and we certainly couldn't afford to pay the difference. Of course, I wasn't an old, settled-in-my-ways, grouch back then...

Upvote 0
Try to focus on the fact you get to chill and people are waiting on you. Lol. I'd check in for that alone!
Trust me on this: having others do everything for you, like changing your position in bed, cleaning you up after you pooped or peed in your diaper, feeding you via a tube surgically implanted in your jejunum...it's not that much fun.

I don't recommend it!

Reactions: tommo47 and Hadron
Upvote 0
Trust me on this: having others do everything for you, like changing your position in bed, cleaning you up after you pooped or peed in your diaper, feeding you via a tube surgically implanted in your jejunum...it's not that much fun.

I don't recommend it!
Oh my goodness. You are certainly right about that and please, I apologize. I definitely didn't mean to make lite of you situation. I'm so sorry. Please stay strong and kick cancer's ass!

Upvote 0
Oh my goodness. You are certainly right about that and please, I apologize. I definitely didn't mean to make lite of you situation. I'm so sorry. Please stay strong and kick cancer's ass!

Oh my goodness I am technology challenged. I think I have been posting to the wrong area.

@Robinmac727, You certainly have been posting in the wrong thread and you are also talking to two different people with two totally different experiences which has unfortunately made your blunder even worse and being aware of @MoodyBlues situation I am not at all surprised at her reaction to your comments.

But as far as I'm concerned there's no harm done so don't beat yourself up over it too much and the cancer is certainly going get a good kicking!!:oops:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Robinmac727, You certainly have been posting in the wrong thread and you are also talking to two different people with two totally different experiences which has unfortunately made your blunder even worse and being aware of @MoodyBlues situation am not at all surprised at her reaction to your comments.

But as far as I'm concerned there's no harm done so don't beat yourself up over it too much and the cancer is certainly going get a good kicking!!:oops:
Wow. Perfect. On that note I guess I will close out and have a read only interaction going forward. Thank you for your patience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones