1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Well, I'm HALF way admitted to the asylum...

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by OcalaFlGuy, Dec 27, 2012.

1. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

I DO actually have my brand spanking new Motion from Best Buy on charge now. :thumb:

The bad news is I'm going to be all dressed up with no where to go for about 3 more days. I don't want my phone bill to be due the same day as my rent. :rolleyes: I did go ahead and order a 2 piece hybrid case for it that's gotten good reviews.

If I understand it correctly, I can't even run the phone setup until it's activated so I can't even play around on Wifi I guess either. (If anyone knows different please do tell!)

So, I guess my admission to the asylum is about 1/2 way there.

I'll post a screenshot when I get it activated on the 30th.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

You can use it without activating it. Just no phone stuff will work obviously

OcalaFlGuy likes this.
  3. OcalaFlGuy

Well, I actually got it connected to my Wifi but not much else. :(

I tried to log into my Google account and it said it couldn't make a connection to the server. (This could be a a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned <?> for data services.)

I tried to get onto Metoweb, no luck there either.

[EDIT;] my Wifi must have been burping. I am now on-line via Wifi with no service. Got signed into Google and downloaded Tune-In to keep me company. Got my pic set up on the main screen. Now to work on retrieving my apps and contacts from Google. Thanks Gman.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

You should be able to set everything up on the phone with no connection. I used my Gnex for about 2 weeks before getting it activated. Web, google apps, etc... all off wifi.

Hope you enjoy your new phone homie ;)

5. OcalaFlGuy

So far so good except that missing .8" from my DX screen is Very noticeable. I'm having to resize web pages much more to get the print big enough to read than with my DX. :(

One of thing concerns me but is probably just mild paranoia right now and that's that I'm only showing 1-2 bars of signal strength. I am hoping that goes up some when I actually get connected AND can update the PRL.

So far that's my only concerns, thanks for the nice thoughts Fuzzy.

Bruce in Ocala, FL