1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Well jumped ship to Samsung S5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sully5981, Oct 15, 2014.

1. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

So after many many years of sporting HTC that span almost a decade, I decided to go Samsung this time. The switch started brewing last year when my wife jumped ship to Samsung with the S4 from the droid incredible 4g lte. I upgraded to the HTC one M7 and she got the S4.

I was always disappointed when we would be sitting next to each other in a building and I would be stuck with 3g and she would have 4glte or I would have 1x and she would have 3g. Or disappointed that when Xlte rolled out, her phone was already ready to go while mine was behind the times. It always seemed Samsung thought about the future.

So far I have spent almost a full day with the S5 and I am impressed and like it more than the HTC one M7. I feel there are a lot more options that seemed to work better.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

I've been thinking of getting the s5 from my Moto g, but it's a pricy phone. Then I will always ask myself what can that phone do that my Moto g can't do?

3. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

Use it as a TV remote? I'm not sure if the moto g supports WiFi ac or xlte or record 4k video

4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I think if I ever move to a contract, I'll get the Note.

Google took the Nexus premium in pricing.

5. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

Here's what I say.

What's wrong with the remote I already have?
    Wifi is good enough to play Netflix, Internet and youtube.
    Sadly I don't have the lte version.
    And I don't need a 4k camera. I rarely use the camera at all.

Right meow, I don't need a high end phone. I think I'll use this phone until it either breaks, or its no longer usable due to its hardware isn't good enough anymore. #brokepeopleproblems

6. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

It looks like the grass is greener on the other side ;)

Enjoy your new phone.

7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

After being a Samdroid for a year, I finally got a LG G3 and never looked back. after dealing with the TouchWiz Micro-lag often enough on overpriced Galaxy Notes I couldn't justify another one, and I've never been disappointed in the iPhone-like fluid behavior and battery life of my G3. I was going to go for the S5 or Note 4 but Samsung seems to not be adding any new features and the devices still lag and have oversaturated unrealistic AMOLED displays that burn my retinas.