1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Well, lets get the ball rolling

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobloadmire, May 19, 2012.

1. bobloadmire

bobloadmire Android Enthusiast

The Procedure is dial ##786# , then hit reset, then enter your MSL. This kills the phone.

Advertisement

2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

which means that should be a dialer code that is setting it to that. hopefully one of you fine gents can find/figure it out and change the mode around especially since hashtag is gunna need that mode to restore his meid

3. Hashtag

Hashtag Android Enthusiast

Uhh, so i'm not sure why, but before the flash the phone would only show up in LGNPST if it was in download mode. Now it is showing up regularly. And it is in device manager as LG CDMA USB Modem. This wasn't like this before, but can i go ahead and flash it again now that its in the right spots?

4. salvy512

salvy512 Android Enthusiast

He did say modem mode so maybe it is in the mode you need to fix it

5. cmsman13

cmsman13 Newbie

If we are looking for a dialer code to activate the proper mode, I found this thread over at android central. The OP found a list of dialer codes buried in framework.jar maybe the code we need is there.

6. bobloadmire

Probably going to need your MSL for that too

7. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Soon as someone confirms a way to get it into "modem" or "tehter" modem, whatever it is, and can confirm a flash that doesn't wipe nvram, then I will post one of two roots.

8. Draetheus

Draetheus Newbie

Just a FYI to everyone this is pretty much true. I had to restore my bricked Optimus V using LGNPST and ended up zeroing out everything like Hashtag. I was able to get back voice but not data due to a secret AAA encryption key being wiped out. To my knowledge you cannot regenerate it once its gone. You should always try to backup all of your programming via QPST or something similar.

9. salvy512

Apparently to change to Modem mode you type ##DIAG#... big problem is you need a service code when you do that.

10. bobloadmire

Virgin will give you your msl if you tell them the tethering app broke your data. Or you could try the app we used on the triumph to see it.

11. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Link to the triumph app please

12. Hashtag

Okay, heres what's happening on my end of it. I called them up, and they couldn't fix it. Every time they would try and have me dial a service number, my phone would go to a LG Hidden Menu that they didn't recognize. So after getting shifted up to the next person 4 times, they are sending me a replacement (On priority mail) free of charge. I don't have insurance on it or anything, so I'm not sure why its free of charge. But oh well, I'm happy :)
    Oh and im sure it's already out there, but if you dial ##847446# then it takes you to a programming menu. I couldn't get there because as soon as you press # on mine it goes to the hidden menu. I'm sure that the hidden menu is already out there as well, but if anybody wants me to do a system dump or wants the log files of it than just hit me up. And jcase, as soon as I get my replacement i'll use the new flashing method on it :D
    And I will write a step-by-step guide, but I will make sure to emphasize on the fact that it doesn't work and it is just for developers to look at as a reference.

13. salvy512

14. salvy512

The code you gave spells virgin :) ##virgin# anyway. Does anyone know how to get it into modem mode yet?

15. Hashtag

hmm, on the hidden menu thing there is an option for extended modem. Idk if that's what we're looking for or not...

16. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

Can you take a picture of it?

17. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

CLEAR = "##25327#";
    CMAS = "##2627#";
    DATA = "##3282#";
    DEBUG = "##33284#";
    DIAG = "##3424#";
    DSA = "##372#";
    ERR = "##377#";
    GPSCLRX = "##4772579#";
    IOT_HIDDEN = "##468";
    LG_AUTO_RUN_SET = "##3328873";
    LG_DATA_HIDDEN = "##543282443336#";
    LG_FactoryMenues = "3845#*696#";
    LG_HIDDEN = "##5473784236368";
    MEID = "##6343#";
    METROPCS_HIDDEN = "##7764726840";
    MODEM_NAI = "##66336624#";
    MRU = "##678#";
    NAM = "##626*";
    OMADM_HIDDEN = "##66236";
    RTN = "##786#";
    SCRTN = "##72786#";
    SSDRTN = "##773786#";
    TEST = "##8378#";
    TTY = "##889#";
    VIRGIN = "##847446#";
    WLAN = "##9526#";
    sLOG = "##564#";

1[0] = new ServiceCodeInfo("AKEY", "##2539#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.AKey", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false);
    2[0] = new ServiceCodeInfo("MRU", "##678#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.MRU", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", true, null);
    2[1] = new ServiceCodeInfo("RTN", "##786#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.RTN", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, null);
    2[2] = new ServiceCodeInfo("LOG", "##564#", "com.lge.LgHiddenMenu.ERR", "com.lge.LgHiddenMenu", false, null);
    2[3] = new ServiceCodeInfo("DATA", "##3282#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.Data", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, null);
    2[4] = new ServiceCodeInfo("DEBUG", "##33284#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.Debug", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, "777468");
    2[5] = new ServiceCodeInfo("TEST", "##8378#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.Test", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", true, null);
    2[6] = new ServiceCodeInfo("GPSCLRX", "##4772579#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.GPSclrx", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", true, null);
    2[7] = new ServiceCodeInfo("WLAN", "##9526#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.WLAN", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, null);
    2[8] = new ServiceCodeInfo("DIAG", "##3424#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.DIAG", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", true, null);
    2[9] = new ServiceCodeInfo("FactoryMenus", "3845#*696#", "com.lge.LgHiddenMenu.Lg_hidden_main", "com.lge.LgHiddenMenu", false);
    2[10] = new ServiceCodeInfo("VIRGIN", "##847446#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.VirginMSL", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, null);
    2[11] = new ServiceCodeInfo("MEID", "##6343#", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.virgin.MEID", "com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu", false, null);

Deke60 likes this.
  18. bobloadmire

We WNat diag right? ##3424#?

19. Hashtag

Ill just type what the options are as soon as it enters hidden menu.

Device Test
    ELT Test
    Field Tests-LG
    Data-LG
    SMS-LG
    CDG2 Setting
    ICC Activation Setting
    H/W Test-LG
    FCC Test-LG
    Browser Setting-LG
    Battery test-LG
    TouchScreen-LG
    Bluetooth Setting-LG
    Wi-FI setting-LG
    Test MOde-LG
    ERS MEnu
    Audio Setting-LG
    Memory Leakage-LG
    RX DIVERSITY
    Folder Test
    RF Calibration History
    IRT Test
    IMS Settings
    FPRI Test
    DB Check
    gpsOneXTRA Test
    Charging Test
    SW Version
    Tool Launcher Enable
    BUA Sever Change
    MMS-LG
    HW REvision
    Sub All Auto Test
    Mobile Networks
    SW Sanity Test
    Log service
    Semi-booting mode
    NFC Test
    UICC Profile
    FOTA TEST
    MPT

All of these have submenu's and things like that. The modem one is under Data-LG>DUN NAI>Extend Modem.

20. jcase

jcase Android Enthusiast

no sure, someone is going to have to try and see what gets it to show up under comports while in android

21. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

I know on the OV there is also a ##port# which will enable development mode and will show as serial com port in windows. Requires msl code.

Anyone try pulling msl with cdma workshop

22. bobloadmire

I have the prl for my wifes phone i can try when I get back on the 14th

23. salvy512

I heard on a website that they are the same as ##port# which is what everyone says we need

24. salvy512

do you know how to pull cause I don't lol