• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

superuser app is v3.1.3(46)
su binary v3.0.3.2(15)
-rwsr-sr-x root root /system/xbin/su
Automatic response was set to prompt now set to allow. still failing to update.

You might want to try the Superuser Update Fixer app from the Play Store.

Do you have busybox installed?
Were you prompted to allow Superuser to have Superuser permissions when you tapped Update?
Is Superuser listed under "Allow" in the apps section of Superuser?

Upvote 0
You might want to try the Superuser Update Fixer app from the Play Store.

Do you have busybox installed?
Were you prompted to allow Superuser to have Superuser permissions when you tapped Update?
Is Superuser listed under "Allow" in the apps section of Superuser?

Busybox is installed. Superuser Update Fixer did not detect a problem yet did not correct the problem when forced fix. I was not prompted for permission for update. Superuser is set to Allow. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm going to try a reboot and then try to update. Wish me luck

Upvote 0
Busybox is installed. Superuser Update Fixer did not detect a problem yet did not correct the problem when forced fix. I was not prompted for permission for update. Superuser is set to Allow. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm going to try a reboot and then try to update. Wish me luck

Well, if root is working and you just want the latest binary, I could upload the v3.1.1 su binary and you could probably just repeat the ADB commands using that one instead.

Upvote 0
I just ordered the Elite and it should arrive on Monday. I am not going to open it until I find out if it's rootable and has prospective ROMs on the horizon.
zamz2.jpg

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've seen you all. NICE PROGRESS! I can't believe that a ROM is almost up. That's crazy.

The past several weeks I've been making the transition from Windows to Linux. It's taken a bit of getting used to, but I fairly confident that I can do mid-level stuff in Ubuntu. Now, for my big question. Do any of you know if I would be able to run LGNPST in Wine? I realize that the program itself will run, but how about the com ports? Do any of you linux users know if I would have any troubles with that? Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've seen you all. NICE PROGRESS! I can't believe that a ROM is almost up. That's crazy.

The past several weeks I've been making the transition from Windows to Linux. It's taken a bit of getting used to, but I fairly confident that I can do mid-level stuff in Ubuntu. Now, for my big question. Do any of you know if I would be able to run LGNPST in Wine? I realize that the program itself will run, but how about the com ports? Do any of you linux users know if I would have any troubles with that? Thank you in advance.

I would try a virtual machine. Runike xp or something in that

Upvote 0
So, I just got my Virgin Optimus Elite today from Amazon (replacing a Sprint HTC EVO 4G) and I LOVE it. I've been anxiously awaiting a root package but it looks as if this thread has gone cold.

Anybody have any news????

Thanks!

This thread is cold because there are now other threads that explain several root methods we have :)

Just look for one of the rooting guide threads, I have one and several others have come up with various guides too. Be sure to update your firmware on your new Elite before rooting in order to save time having to do it twice! There is an OTA update that brings you from version ZV4 to ZV5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones