• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well mine died :( anyone get it to power up?

I just noticed although it does not power on and the LED does NOT come on, It does appear in windows as a usb device HSUSB or something like this.

Looking at my linux box I see the following:

Bus 008 Device 002: ID 04eb:e030 Northstar Systems, Inc.
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 007 Device 003: ID 046d:c040 Logitech, Inc. Corded Tilt-Wheel Mouse
Bus 007 Device 002: ID 046d:c313 Logitech, Inc.
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 039: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:0152 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Mass Storage Device
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

anyone got the driver? I have a funny feeling if I find it, I might be able to use the LG Update tool. It's not any of the LG drivers that we'd normally use for adb or anything, nor are they the ones that you can download with the update too. :cool:

Upvote 0
lol... thanks. I got a store nearby a few blocks though, just gonna say i lost it.

They charge the same for a claim whether you loose it or bring in a broken one right? :thinking: cause if that's the case i'll just tell them I lost it, gut the parts, maybe see if I can resurrect it in the future if more info becomes available. Either way i think it's semantics, it's broken either way. But i think i'll take my chances on their new dual core paying the difference, I used hdmi like once and it wasn't all that. Plus it has 1GB ram instead. I really would like to go with anything except LG and Hawei but there are no other options in 4G android with high end specs.

Upvote 0
lol... thanks. I got a store nearby a few blocks though, just gonna say i lost it.

They charge the same for a claim whether you loose it or bring in a broken one right? :thinking: cause if that's the case i'll just tell them I lost it, gut the parts, maybe see if I can resurrect it in the future if more info becomes available. Either way i think it's semantics, it's broken either way. But i think i'll take my chances on their new dual core paying the difference, I used hdmi like once and it wasn't all that. Plus it has 1GB ram instead. I really would like to go with anything except LG and Hawei but there are no other options in 4G android with high end specs.

Don't know have never had to make a claim with the insurance. Think idrifta had to pay $30
Yeah $30
http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/506562-i-killed-my-phone.html#post4000314

Upvote 0
That is exactly what mine did... same with usb and everything.. wat i suggest is going to a corp store (big store) lol and tell them another store sent you there for a replacement because they couldnt get the order through.. make sure you pick the guy that looks like he doesnt care lol. They should replace it on the spot

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I just went to one of their bigger ones, they told me for $10 I could exchange my phone, but had to wait 15 days. What a bunch of crap. Not only that, but they don't allow you to pay the difference for the other phone (which ironically costs the same so it would be free).

What I may have to do is just suck it up, buy a connect (cause I can't go 15 days without a phone), then if you guys know anyone interested in buying an esteem I could knock the price down a few bucks on a new phone in the box when I get it.

Upvote 0
I think it's hardware, nothing comes on even after a different battery. Has anyone had this happen and revived it? Power button does nothing, I don't see the LG screen or feel a vibration like it's powering on.

I havent had it happen to the esteem but the g2x I have, and i have had it happen to the optimus 2, have you tried this, take out the battery and plugging it into a windows box?

Upvote 0
I havent had it happen to the esteem but the g2x I have, and i have had it happen to the optimus 2, have you tried this, take out the battery and plugging it into a windows box?

the problem on the phones I listed are wrong drivers loaded to it and crashed it out. I forced removed the drivers and reinstalled them and updated em with the lg tool. I am not sure if it will help but let me know what happens to it with the battery out and plugged into a windows box.

Upvote 0
Yes, I've tried 2 different batteries, and no battery via usb. It only gets detected as a device (if anyone has the driver and you could post it i'd appreciate it by the way, for the qualcomm), and PG you mentioned LGNPST, how could I try to use it? Never really used that tool before. I'm pretty quick at doing stuff. Plus my device never seems to disappear from the device manager in windows, or the usb device list in linux while plugged in.

Upvote 0
Yes, I've tried 2 different batteries, and no battery via usb. It only gets detected as a device (if anyone has the driver and you could post it i'd appreciate it by the way, for the qualcomm), and PG you mentioned LGNPST, how could I try to use it? Never really used that tool before. I'm pretty quick at doing stuff. Plus my device never seems to disappear from the device manager in windows, or the usb device list in linux while plugged in.

Im going to test something, ill get back to you in a few, the qualcomm drivers shouldnt be hard to find., can you post a screen shot of your device manager in windows? with what comes up for the phone?

Upvote 0
QHUSB_DLOAD is the device name. It's got an exclamation next to it, but ironically has the driver from qualcomm installed, I managed to find one driver that seemed to work, but the update tool did not seem to see my phone. I googled the device string: USB\VID_05C6&PID_9008&REV_0000

I did install all 3 sets of drivers that came with the update tool as well

Upvote 0
QHUSB_DLOAD is the device name. It's got an exclamation next to it, but ironically has the driver from qualcomm installed, I managed to find one driver that seemed to work, but the update tool did not seem to see my phone. I googled the device string: USB\VID_05C6&PID_9008&REV_0000

I did install all 3 sets of drivers that came with the update tool as well

with battery out, in windows.

1.the computer sees something correct?
1.b but it doesnt kick it on, nothing happens?

2. does qpst see the device?

3. does the computer read any sd cards?

Upvote 0
with battery out, in windows.

1.the computer sees something correct?
Yep, the device above, but no driver i've found is the right one
1.b but it doesnt kick it on, nothing happens?
The device looks black as night, lcd backlight never comes on and it's completely off the whole time. No LED light either.
2. does qpst see the device?
got a link so I can try?, nevermind tried it, won't find it as there is no com port driver, plus from what i've read you need to be booted up to use it
3. does the computer read any sd cards?
Nope, it's the only usb device i can see in device manager or linux

Allright i found a qualcom one that seemed to make a valid com port, it shows up in LGNPST for about a min or two then dissappears and re-appears. almost like it's rebooting. I turned up the speed of my com port to the max so anything I do would take much less to see if it helps. I'm having trouble registering the MS910 dll though, and it does not show model information, says unknown

Upvote 0
I havent forgot about you I was on hold with the dev. over at sd, they told me to download adreno sdk and call them back when its downloaded.

can you post a screenshot man, sd, of your windows device manager? I am trying to help ya out but from what i can tell its not a qualcomm driver issue, seems you ported something bad to the phone, and screwed the commands up

sys commands I did a whole write up for the gx2 and if its the same problem you should be able to see it in qpst, with the lg drivers, force the drivers I cant see or touch your phone so your eyes are our eyes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones