• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well Now I'm On Handset #5 And Oh Yea Best Buy Sucks Arse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I awoke to my Epic totally unusable. It refused to connect to the service or make and receive calls and/or data. Everything else worked. After spending an hour at Best Buy with them on the phone to Sprint it was determined I had another DOA on my hands. Then It was determined my selling store (who was now out of stock) did not put the proper paperwork through for the last exchange and that took an ADDITIONAL THREE HOURS for Best Buy to figure out where my prior exchange went in the system and get all the ESNs matched up before I was on my way home with my new handset. I'm so disgusted with all of it the phone and Best Buy who is going to get a call from me on Monday Morning.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    461.3 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Odd how this stuff is hit or miss, sometimes. My iPhone 4 and Epic both work great (other than the Epic's 3G upload speed issue).

My wife on the other hand had to take her iPhone 4 to the genius bar twice and still having problems. And now she is looking at exchanging her Epic because the keyboard isn't working right.

when I exchanged my epic the other day because off a keyboard issue that plagued my first two epics the guy at sprint was cool but mentioned if the keyboard gives me issues again I might just have to deal with it as they all might be that way. I ain't going to deal with squat but he said it could b an issue a later update may fix. that don't sound promising

Upvote 0
My wife had issues with her first two Epics and we had no problems with BB service. Both phones were exchanged with no questions asked. Yes, it took a while but it takes an hour to buy a new phone at a Sprint store--sometimes it takes thirty minutes for one of the two people working to get to me. Couple that with not having to wait for the mail-in rebate and I'll take BB every time (haven't tried Radio Shack).

Upvote 0
This. My wife was unable to return her problematic Evo to Sprint, they made her return it to BB.
yes, within 30 days they want you to take it back to third party seller. But after that and through 12 months sprint will and must take it back and repair or replace it if it is a warrantable issue -- even if you dont pay either of their insurance plans and even if you bought it at any seller.

I have brought in uninsured phones to sprint, bought from unauthorized sellers at 5 weeks old, and sprint has had to replace them under warranty. It is part of their written policy.

If sprint activated it, they warrant it.

Upvote 0
Odd how this stuff is hit or miss, sometimes. My iPhone 4 and Epic both work great (other than the Epic's 3G upload speed issue).

My wife on the other hand had to take her iPhone 4 to the genius bar twice and still having problems. And now she is looking at exchanging her Epic because the keyboard isn't working right.

It indeed seems truly hit or miss with these phones. It seems when I get one exchanged I never get one where everything is working perfectly. Like the last one I had before it died everything woked great but the GPS was a bit off and the vibrator seemed weak even turned all the way up. This one the GPS is spot on has a strong vibrate but the bottom touch keys don't respond as quick they should. Its like trading one issue for another.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones