• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Well what the heck!?! Clock problems

CRUMBsnatcher

Jan 22, 2011
KS
So, I have been using the MIUI digital clock widget on my homescreen since I got my phone. Recently I've noticed that it doesn't update the time. Like, if it's 12:00 the clock would still say 11:00. It only updates when I click on the weather forecast. I tried switching to another clock widget (some 3d clock) and it does the same thing. What the heck is going on?

So, I have been using the MIUI digital clock widget on my homescreen since I got my phone. Recently I've noticed that it doesn't update the time. Like, if it's 12:00 the clock would still say 11:00. It only updates when I click on the weather forecast. I tried switching to another clock widget (some 3d clock) and it does the same thing. What the heck is going on?

Hi Crumb! :)

You need to go into your clock settings (tap on it on your screen to open it up and then hit menu) and adjust your 'update' settings.

I have mine set to update each time it 'wakes up'.

I hope this helps and it isn't some other problem.

Reactions: CRUMBsnatcher
Upvote 0
I used that clock for a long time and had the same problem. I think the update time is for the weather only. If it is updating every second, it will probably run your battery down faster. I had it set to update once per hour forever with no problems, and it started freezing up like yours. I got rid of the live thunderstorm wallpaper I had, and it fixed the problem. I think it was slowing my phone down so much it messed my clock up. That was a cool azz wallpaper, too.

Upvote 0
I'll tell ya the clock I really like and that's Fancy Widget. I love the clock and also the weather. The weather skin I use that I like the most is MIUI Weatherskin by GUSTAV and wowthatisrandom. It doesn't slow me down at all and it is animated and fun. The main thing is just making sure you have all the settings right. It has a lot of settings for sure. Beautiful Widgets is another one that's really great.

Upvote 0
I'll tell ya the clock I really like and that's Fancy Widget. I love the clock and also the weather. The weather skin I use that I like the most is MIUI Weatherskin by GUSTAV and wowthatisrandom. It doesn't slow me down at all and it is animated and fun. The main thing is just making sure you have all the settings right. It has a lot of settings for sure. Beautiful Widgets is another one that's really great.
I'm using the weather and toggle widget. I really like it. There are so many clock and weather skins you can find something to match any background. It's addictive for just being a clock/weather app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones