• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well, with Sprint not getting the Nexus 4, I'll be researching the Optimus G more...

andyacecandy

Dec 7, 2009
Can't wait for more to come out about this phone.

So far most reviews say poor camera quality, which sucks since it boasts 13mp and is one of the main selling points for LG.

Considering trading in my Galaxy S3 for the Optimus G, but if the support isn't there, then gonna be hard.... especially with it releasing with Ice Cream Sandwich and only a "promise" to get Jelly Bean...

Worrying about Jellybean is rather short sighted. I'd be perfectly ok with them breaking their promise of Jellybean if they deliver unlocked boot loaders/Key Lime Pie.

I never really expect any non-nexus device to get more than about 2 updates.. so I prefer they be big updates or at least unlocked boot loaders so I can update it myself.

Upvote 0
True

I'll need to go in store and play with the Optimus G. Mainly the build quality... of which I think is the GS3's weakest point.

Will await further reviews from users as well, but I feel like I can sell the GS3 for $300-$350 and buy this Optimus G in the $400 price range hopefully a few weeks after the release buzz on craigslist or somethin

Upvote 0
Nope. That's why G-note 2 became clear cut choice for me and I don't regret the decision at all.

Damn, that sucks so much. I was really looking at this phone to replace my photon since Motorola pissed me off. The lack of microSD support is a deal breaker though since I have a 64GB SD card. There's also no way I'm going to AT&T since I regularly use 8-10 GB of data a month. I guess the search continues. :(

Upvote 0
Damn, that sucks so much. I was really looking at this phone to replace my photon since Motorola pissed me off. The lack of microSD support is a deal breaker though since I have a 64GB SD card. There's also no way I'm going to AT&T since I regularly use 8-10 GB of data a month. I guess the search continues. :(

Yup. Originally, when the rumors were flying, both the ATT version and Sprint version supposedly had a microSD slot, but after they were officially announced, it was verified that Sprint went with almost the same setup as the Korean version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones