1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Welp! ... I BRICKED it! Here we go...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by messenger13, Sep 18, 2011.

1. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Shortly after reading this thread, I got all excited and managed to change my battery icon using TBH. I posted a pic in this post ... pretty cool, huh? So far, so good.

Then I got greedy ... :eek:

So I proceeded to use TBH to change my font. The app said it was "successful" so I rebooted, and woohoo! New system fonts! But they were wacky, so I open TBH again and decide to try a different font. Tapped on another selection and got the same "successful" reply. I reboot ... and ... and ... what? ... STUCK! Pull the battery, press the power, here's the initial boot screen, and ... and ... and ... NOTHIN!!! :mad: :( :eek: WHAT HAVE I DONE????????

I go to bed.

First thing this morning I get up and Google "Motorola Bionic sbf file", which leads me to this page. I follow the directions to the letter, and BAM! Joe's got his phone back. Like new even! :D Thank goodness I did a nandroid backup before this whole adventure. (See! I'm not THAT stupid!) :rolleyes:

I think I'll wait until we have the complete clockworkmod recovery before getting too crazy.

Glad I got my phone back. Now ... gotta go restore it. :eek:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. keegan1014

keegan1014 Android Enthusiast

Lol its part of fun, I soft brooked My Droid x at least 20 times and sbfing saved my butt.
    Not Sure if you can really kill these things.

3. messenger13

I have a saying that I use often. "It ain't yours, until ya worked on it."
    But I'm pretty sure when it comes to a Droid, "It ain't yours, until ya BROKE it!". :D

4. keegan1014

The oh crap heart pounding feeling let's me know I'm still alive.
    So I'm not the only one that can't leave well enough alone and tinkers with everything. Lol

messenger13 likes this.
  5. messenger13

<--- NOT capable of leaving "well-enough" alone! :D

You said a mouthful there!

6. HotDawg

HotDawg Android Enthusiast

Gawd, I'd have a heart attack! At least you know how to tinker it back to life!

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

8. messenger13

9. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

Let us know how everything turns out! :D

10. HotDawg

Yeah, at least he came back to tell us how! ;)

11. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert

Tell us how...? :thinking:

12. HotDawg

*=(psst, tehsusenoh... Positive encouragement....... Dont jinx it...)

13. messenger13

werd :)

14. keegan1014

Its all good, I found this awesome forum because of Google.
    And oh yeah my phones a google phone, I have come full circle.
    Either way great devices and people on here

15. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Lol - I did cut you some slack - I put a smiley at the end of my last jibe....

16. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Android Enthusiast

Okay, I just did the same thing... Got a little overzealous with my framework-res.apk editing... Ugh! Now I get to follow Joe's directions to get my phone back! :eek::eek:

Edit: WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! THANKS JOE!!!

17. messenger13

cool!!!

18. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast

I don't remember if I wrote to thank you for your consise instructions late last week when my bionic and I had a simultaneuous meltdown. It has been on my mind and I couldn't find a post to that effect, so please accept my belated appreciation. You and few other favorites on this forum make it all worthwhile

messenger13 likes this.
  19. messenger13

almahix, Thanks man! And you're welcome. :)

20. what29

what29 Android Enthusiast

i wiped the davlik, battery stats, and formatted the system and when i rebooted to flash the new ROM Unleashed 1.3 it stuck at the dual core logo. now i try to run RSD and flash the smaller file and it says flash failed on 3/5 sys img. i am thinking about downloading the complete file but not sure, am stuck at work now and without a phone. any ideas would help i did have to run RSD lite before and had no problems, just after wiping and formatting the system, as seen in someones video about installing unleasehed, did i run into this problem . anyone...anyone...

21. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

You also needed to wipe cache and data factory reset. I would not worry about wiping battery stats until you get it flashed. It sounds like the smaller file is bad, try and downloaded it again and flashing if not do the full.

what29 likes this.
  22. what29

Will do, once i get back home i will download the files again and try. I have used the smaller file before and no issues but will downlaod again and if no go will do the complete one. i also did wipe the cache but forgot the factory reset, thanx for reminding me. just always wiped battery stats when switching roms on the thunderbolt so it is a habbit.

23. what29

Well....tried both files and both fail.

RSD says Failed Flashing process: 1/5 erase cache>phone returned FAIL; phone connected

on the phone on AP Fastboot near the bottom it says
    Invalid CG OTV (CG; system) : Invalid SP Data
    Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0x004e)
    Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

need something, never saw those words at the bottom before.

tried 2 different minimal files and 1 complete file nothing works

24. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Try the fast boot method you might have better luck.

I am assuming that you have the drivers installed. If so

Download the zip: One-click_Fastboot_Restore.zip http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo..._Restore.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13173359822021
    Extract the zip to a folder on your computer.
    Hold the volume down and hit the power button to enter the Fastboot screen on your BIONIC.
    Connect the BIONIC to your computer with the USB cable.
    Double click the file One-click Fastboot Restore in the folder where you extracted the zip.
    Follow the prompts on the screen and you're ready to go.

25. what29

thanx for the info, will try that. currently i am waiting for the phone to charge. the ap fastboot screen says battery low cannot program. had it on the wall charger for about an hour and still nothing. when you say type everything exactly, what exactly am i supposed to type. i am not real good with command prompt stuff. thanx

and yes, i already have the windows drivers installed and can run RSD lite it jkust says FAIL. i have run it before on this same computer so i know i have the right drivers and all.