• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welp, tab died for no known reason.

oldpueblo

Nov 21, 2010
I used it, put it on the table, ten minutes later someone else picked it up and said why won't it turn on. I was there in the room still, it wasn't dropped or anything and I can't figure out what could have caused it. It just literally won't turn on, and it's been on the charger for hours now with still no change. She said it felt warm when she picked it up, but that's subjective and may not mean anything.

I'm thinking maybe the power button quit working, but it hasn't been abused so that doesn't make sense. I can't remember what may have still been running, and I'm wondering if it's something really crazy like some process got stuck and it cooked itself. I have no idea, I guess it's back to the store. Good thing I'm still in my trial period I guess. :(

Nevermind! I decided to try holding down the power button for a really long time since that's about all you can do, and it finally came on with a black screen showing a full battery and nothing else. I then unplugged it, and held down the button again for awhile and it powered on. My guess is maybe the battery drained really fast after I used it last and it went into some kind of zombie corpse mode. I don't recall needing to hold the button down for like 10+ seconds to power it on before, now it only takes about 3 seconds to power it on again like before. As long as its back. :)

Upvote 0
Haha nevermind part 2. My son played angry birds for probably two hours straight and then it just froze and made this crazy looping sound that was probably part of the angry birds soundtrack. Had to hold the power button down for 10+ seconds again and shut it down. Gonna take it back, that's two crazy things in less than 24 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones