• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WEP Wifi Connection Problem

It definitely IS the Android issue. I did comprehensive checks with D-Link and Cisco routers in WEP mode and an Android 4 pad - does not work. Only in WPA modes it worked with both routers. At the same time ipad, two nokias and several notebooks connect to those WEP networks just fine.

Don't tell people to switch to WPA - it is not the solution, because you can come to a hotel or any public spot with WEP security and have the same problem all over again.
You better contact Google and tell them how crappy their software is.

Upvote 0
Hi , im new to this forum i need help please my landlord said i can use his wifi and he gave me his password and i had no problem accesing it... but he recently changed routers and once again gave me his password it worked for a couple days but now i cant seem to connect into it. When i try connecting it says saved and secured but it wont connect ... its secured with wpa/wpa2 psk... and well i cant change the settings on the router because like i said its my landlords .anyone have any ideas on how yo fix it please ..by the way i have a galaxy s5..my husband has an iphone6 and also has the same problem.m.please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones