• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We're all guilty...

Actually it was public finance, do a simple Google search.

Okay, maybe the internet started that way, but by now, every website, this one being a perfect example, relies on profit to make it worth their efforts.

Every single product you use to enhance your life is made possible by capitalism. So how could capitalism be a bad thing? How would all these products be possible without it -- the government?

Upvote 0
Okay, maybe the internet started that way, but by now, every website, this one being a perfect example, relies on profit to make it worth their efforts.

Every single product you use to enhance your life is made possible by capitalism. So how could capitalism be a bad thing? How would all these products be possible without it -- the government?

Capitalism is a big reason Columbus arrived here in 1956 on the Ninja, Pinto and Santa Clause. Money drives everything we love and when you make it impossible for people to make money, things change in a very bad way.

Without people looking to make a dollar, everything grinds to a halt.

Upvote 0

So a claims that "government doesn't work" or "the government is the problem" are not truisms. Government money often seeds the ground for capitalism to function, such as highways, internet, microwave ovens, etc.

A logical argument can be made that those that benefit the most from these government investments pay progressive taxes.

Upvote 0
Capitalism is a big reason Columbus arrived here in 1956 on the Ninja, Pinto and Santa Clause. Money drives everything we love and when you make it impossible for people to make money, things change in a very bad way.

Without people looking to make a dollar, everything grinds to a halt.

The Wealth of Nations wasn't published till 1776. Mercantilism was the driver for Columbus travels.

Upvote 0
The dollar has almost always been with us. In one form or another. Beads, trinkets, the extra wife in your cave you do not need. Perhaps pigs and gerbils and shiny things.

Barter seems to be a good way to go.
You can say barter and/or trading came before the dollar (money), which is a different meaning, but similar.

Upvote 0
You can say barter and/or trading came before the dollar (money), which is a different meaning, but similar.

Currency is really nothing more than bartering at a high level. It just provides us with an agreed upon medium of exchange. The barter system is flawed in that there's always someone who wants something from you, but has nothing you're interested in or vice versa. I'm a computer tech by trade. How many computers must I fix for a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon?

Upvote 0
Currency is really nothing more than bartering at a high level. It just provides us with an agreed upon medium of exchange. The barter system is flawed in that there's always someone who wants something from you, but has nothing you're interested in or vice versa. I'm a computer tech by trade. How many computers must I fix for a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon?

I agree with you and but do that already. You fix a PC, get some cash and trade it for food. I think barter applies when no cash exchanges hands. That said, I think the IRS has something to do with it at some level.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones