• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We're getting the EVO (Rumor)

MiguelAMX

Nov 23, 2011
I work at a convenient store and we're an authorized boost mobile reseller. Today my boss got some inside info that Boost Mobile is getting the original EVO that hit sprint a long time ago. Other than the EVO coming to boost mobile I dont have any other info. Not sure if it will be a modified evo with lesser specs or the very same but for Boost Mobile.

This is information my boss got from inside sources but I obviously cannot confirm this as true until we see the day that Boost Mobile announces and EVO release.

As happy as I am to hear this news. This will lead to two things:

either the Evo does not come with a shrinkage plan or
shrinkage plan will be removed.

the evo was an extremely popular phone, and if its true that evo comes to Boost Mobile. Everyone will switch over and its going to congest the 3g networks. Also this would mean Boost Mobile is finally getting 4g seeing how sprint already has 4g.

also the release is apparently in june or july. So hopefully we here news about it soon.

~~~~ Acorrding to Tube517's link it will be the Evo Design 4G!
http://www.androidguys.com/2012/04/19/boost-mobile-to-offer-android-4-0-powered-evo-design-4g/
~~~~ According to Wetbiker7 a representative stated we are getting the Evo :D

Reactions: wetbiker7
MiguelAMX you may be right.

If Boost is slated to get the Evo then one this is definitely going to be happening. They're going to get 4g. The Evo is a 4g device and putting a 4g device on their network without putting 4g on offer is not going to work. So the question might be are they going to be offering 4g service. If LordVincent is correct then things look very good. Then we should be looking at a Evo and 4g service by the end of Spring.

Second thing that I noticed that their insurance setup is they reimburse handsets till up to $1000. Currently Boost doesn't have a handset of that price range... actually not even half that price. So either they had this from the get go (I was just reading about the insurance last night) or they're preparing too.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

PS: If Boost does get the Evo I hope they dont get the 1.18 bootloader. It is a pain!

Upvote 0
Grrrr. I had just made up my mind to get a new phone in May. Now I'm probably going to wait and see about the Evo. Hopefully it's not a rumor. I've even thought about coneverting one. I would much rather have THAT phone compared 2 the new phones that are now available. Not 2 put the other phones down, it's just that there is way more development for the Evo. I've been doing my homework on them and they are awesome phones.

Upvote 0
Recently rooted an Evo 4g. Whole different world there :rolleyes:

Understatement there. I have had the EVO since day one and the dev support and roms are too many to mention. Shoot, I'd even flash a Froyo rom and the EVO would still be a great phone. The EVO 4g was a game changer and is still a relevant phone after nearly 2 years. Sure, it's not as fast as other phones now but who cares. It can do the job.:D

Upvote 0
Understatement there. I have had the EVO since day one and the dev support and roms are too many to mention. Shoot, I'd even flash a Froyo rom and the EVO would still be a great phone. The EVO 4g was a game changer and is still a relevant phone after nearly 2 years. Sure, it's not as fast as other phones now but who cares. It can do the job.:D

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up, Miguel.:)

Upvote 0
I just emailed Boost to see what their response would be. I CAN'T BELIEVE RIGHT WHEN I MADE MY MIND UP TO GET A WARP THAT THEY ARE POSSIBLY GOING TO RELEASE AN EVO. Heh, figures. lol

That's technology. It's frustrating.

I'm trying to decide on a tablet and both Samsung and Toshiba announce new ones coming out while I basically decided to buy one of the current ones now. :mad:

Upvote 0
They'll release the Evo! Awesome! Only thing is my price plan would probably go up. Another thing. Will they charge me for 4g service a la Sprint? My wife spent 2 years with Sprint with an Evo paying $10 a month for "Premium Data" and never got 4g one day in her entire contract period.

As for snagging someone's 4g keys... Who ever gives you their keys will not be able to use theirs... Bummer huh?

Upvote 0
THIS IS NOT A RUMOR ANYMORE ! Boost just called me concerning my question as to whether or not they will be adding the Evo to their line up. He would not give me a date but confirmed that Boost will be releasing the Evo. Good news guys!:d:d:d

can you imagine the development on that phone...the boost phones seem to be getting better and better

Upvote 0
can you imagine the development on that phone...the boost phones seem to be getting better and better

No doubt Johnny. There's already a bunch of stuff for the Evo already out there. I MEAN A BUNCH! I came real close to getting one that was already converted but didn't because I want a warranty. I hope it comes out soon because I had already made up my mind to get either a Warp or Marquee the first week of May.

Upvote 0
Maybe 4g works differently, but with 3g you can use the same keys on multiple phones.
Yes. I've used 3g on multiple phones and it works. I've used "generic" 3g keys to get 3g and activate many phones. But the 3g keys stopped working, guess the phone being changed had something to do with that. After I got 3g, I'd Update Profile to get the device's own 3g keys.

I couldn't do the same for 4g. It might be tied into your 4g mac address too. Not sure.

Upvote 0
... because I want a warranty.
I was just reading the warranty terms the other day and noticed that you have to get it once you activate a new or refurbished device, WITHIN 15 DAYS of the activation date.

Just a heads up.

I wonder if they'll allow me to put my device under warranty since I sent it to Samsung and they're fixing it. Another thing. If my device is under warranty for a year under the manufacturer what's the point of paying for the warranty. I mean its not like they'll fix it if it goes wrong... they'll refer me to the manufacturer. Only advantage is if I lose the device... Just thinking.

Upvote 0
I was just reading the warranty terms the other day and noticed that you have to get it once you activate a new or refurbished device, WITHIN 15 DAYS of the activation date.

Just a heads up.

I wonder if they'll allow me to put my device under warranty since I sent it to Samsung and they're fixing it. Another thing. If my device is under warranty for a year under the manufacturer what's the point of paying for the warranty. I mean its not like they'll fix it if it goes wrong... they'll refer me to the manufacturer. Only advantage is if I lose the device... Just thinking.

I agree about the Boost warranty.
No way I'm gonna pay a monthly fee where you still gotta pay a deductible, this isn't car insurance lmao. Pretty sure just about all manufacturers have a 1 year warranty. Not really worried about me messing one up, I'm worried about hardware failure. In most cases you would be paying Boost to send it to Samsung. Notice I said MOST not all cases. Had to put that in there so someone didn't come a long and pick this apart. :D

I had the Boost warranty at one time but found out that I would need to pay, if I remember correctly, $65 to get a phone replaced. Multiply that times $5 a month and it just ain't happening again. I've very careful with my phones, use screen protectors, rubber case with hard case over it (called a fishbone) and I just can't see paying Boost and extra 5 bux a month then $65 to replace. If I mess it up then I'll just buy a new one. I quickly dropped the Boost warranty when I found out about the $65 deductible. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones