• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wet phone, insurance best bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhopwo

Jul 14, 2010
I was taking a picture outside where I was a chef at a catering gig in San Francisco last night, and as I was backing up, I tripped and my EVO flew out of my hand and went "plunk" right into a little pond of water!

I was like, "Really?" I super-fast reached in and grabbed it. I ripped the back off and yanked out the battery. Dried it off as best I could. I had heard previously that shaking it is bad, because it drives water deeper inside (hard not to do though, it's a natural reaction). Kept in my pocket for the rest of the night, and when I got home, I put it a tupperware container full of rice to absorb the moisture. This morning, it turns on and seems to be fine, except there is a small imperfection in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, and another near the bottom left-corner too. Really can't see them with all the busy background pictures, live wallpapers, and icons on the screen. No case, but I had full Zagg Invisishield (back, front, and sides), and I wonder if that helped any.

Is going through insurance (Asurion) my best bet? I've had the phone all of 14 days!

Thanks!

Are you sure about this? As I always thought only BB has coverage against water damage.

I am pretty sure about this. Sprint TEP (Total Equipment Protection) covers anything and everything. I was pushed into a pool with my old Pre in my pocket and it was submerged along with me. Called Sprint and told them the details. They directed me to an online website and I had a new/referb phone the next day.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure about this. Sprint TEP (Total Equipment Protection) covers anything and everything. I was pushed into a pool with my old Pre in my pocket and it was submerged along with me. Called Sprint and told them the details. They directed me to an online website and I had a new/referb phone the next day.

That's great news then! Cheers! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones