1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What about the Samsung A20s

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rgarner, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I've seen a little bit about this phone. It's available for about $200, a big stretch for me. Would it be worth it? Whuch case and screen protector would fit it? Is it rootable?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

can't speak on the A20. i am a samsung guy, but i have only owned their flagship phones. anytime you get a budget phone, just do not expect to much from them. for me with anything to do with tech, i like to say that "you get what you pay for". cnet is where i get some of my reviews from. they usually give great reviews on products. i have always trusted their opinion. best thing to do is to go to a retail store and play with a demo.

as far as rooting goes for the phone here is the guide for the A20:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-a20/how-to/root-samsung-galaxy-a20-rooting-guide-t3954872

Rgarner and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

From what I've read online about the A20 seems like reasonable low to mid-range Samsung, Of course I've not had any hands on experience of this phone myself. As for case and screen-protector, looks for ones specified for this phone.

Rgarner likes this.
  4. Do you mean the Galaxy A21s. We have it in the UK with 3gb of Ram and 32gb of storage, which imv is fine. It has a regular LCD screen @720p not amoled, has reviewed well but has a lot of competition, I think you'd like it though.

I've just bought a Motorola Moto E6 Plus with 2gb of Ram and 32 gb storage and it's wonderful to use and hold. It was only £79 but I think you won't find it or the E6 S. There's a new E7 Plus announced.

I have a shortlist of devices I was looking at if I need to replace my main phone sent out for repair

#4 Madasa, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Rgarner likes this.
  5. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Sure ideally I would get a flagship phone, probably 5 or 6 years later. I was going to get this at Target but I guess they can send it only. It would be about 200 with free shipping and handling, 45 off, and a free 64 gb sd card. I guess that is a pretty good deal. By the way, I downloaded the hacker keyboard recommended on here. It has been good overall but now it switched to having a bunch of arrow keys at the lower right. How do I switch it back is the problem.

6. Settings - Apps and Notifications? - (Advanced) - Default Apps

Rgarner likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

@Rgarner I like the size of that battery.

Rgarner likes this.