• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What all does JuiceDefender do?

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
I downloaded the lite or demo or whatever version, and all it seems to do is disable my "data" most of the time. I wasn't exactly sure what all "data" entailed, but I tried it. Apparently, what it means is that any time I try to surf the web or use any app that goes online, it doesn't work. I thought, "Ok, I'll just stop that aspect and see what else it does." Well, that's apparently all it does. Does the app do anything more than turn your data on and off?

That's the gist of it, yeah.

When it's functioning correctly, it turns off your antennas while the screen is off and the data transfer is below a certain point. When you unlock the phone the antennas are turned back on within a couple seconds. You can still receive calls when the antennas are disabled, but widgets such as Facebook and Twitter stop updating and it won't check your email. It also enables data for a short amount of time while the screen is unlocked (defaulted at 1 minute every fifteen, I think) so that it can check email and update widgets. This keeps the antennas from draining battery power constantly.

I had some issues with it on my Samsung Captivate after it had been running for a while, but if you kill it and restart it, it returns to working condition immediately.

Reactions: Crodley and flu13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones