1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

What am I doing wrong: BootLoader/Flash_Image/Recovery Image

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toyzruskid1976, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Toyzruskid1976

Toyzruskid1976 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Business Analyst
    Dayton, OH
    I'm just trying to get my recovery menu back!

I've tried RUUing my phone but that won't work now. It dies on the HTC screen and when I pull the USB I get to a menu that has the option of RUU but it wont' do anything.

So I tried this to fix the bootloader
    How-To repair your bootloader after using the 2.1 RUU - Android Forums

It doesn't work

I can't load the flash_image to my system/bin file. My phone IS rooted and I've done it via various ways and none of them will give me permission to move the flash_image to the /system/bin folder

I can't flash a recovery image to flash_image because... flash image doesn't exist.

I'm at th end of my rope and I'm about to slip it around my neck. I know I need to step away from this and take a deep breath, but I'm determined.

Anyone able to give me some hints to as what I'm missing

I'm on 2.2

Advertisement

2. Toyzruskid1976

Jan 19, 2010
    Business Analyst
    Dayton, OH
    I gave up and ran apps mgr, d/l clockwerks recovery and flashed Cyan's 6

I was tired of stressin

3. Toyzruskid1976

Jan 19, 2010
    Business Analyst
    Dayton, OH
    OK I'm Bumping this because for the life of me I can't figure this out. I CANNOT get into the recovery menu via home + power. I have to actually go into Rom Manager and tell it to reboot into recovery. If I do home + power I go to a screen that says Clear Storage Yes or No. If I try it with volume down plus power I go into a totally different menu with an option for flashboot.

How do I make it so I can go directly into recovery via home and power. I've looked through tons of articles but nothing seems to work :(

4. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Turn off the phone or pull battery, press red button and volume down, then press the home button when you see that option for recovery.

5. Toyzruskid1976

Jan 19, 2010
    Business Analyst
    Dayton, OH

I almost sent a response of "Already did that numerous times" but I figured I'd flash the recovery one more time and load the CM6 nightly and see if doing this again would make a difference...

it did..

<sigh>

But why wont home and power work?

Thanks for forcing me to try it one more time!

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Different recoveries may do something different I guess. I know some recoveries do not have the option of 'wipe cache'. So what works for one, may not work for another. Anyways, why worry, not that big of a deal;)

Tags: