• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What am I doing wrong?

BigknockHawk

Oct 30, 2010
First, the pertinent info:

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S series - Mesmerize on U.S. Cellular. Running 2.1.

Ok, so here is my issue.

I have several "couples" in my contacts. For example, Bill & Mary Smith. I have the main entry sync from my gmail account so it shows as "linked" to Google. The problem is that both Bill & Mary each have their own separate Facebook accounts. When I try to link their contact on my phone to both of these Facebook accounts, it will show the different "linked" accounts on the contact, but the name displayed for the contact will change to either just Bill Smith or Mary Smith. I want it to stay as Bill & Mary Smith.

Is this possible?:thinking:

Also, for some reason, the Faqcebook icon that shows in the "linked" area is not the actual blue square with the letter "f". It is a green icon with the silhouette of a person. I am using Facebook for Android, if that makes a difference.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones