1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrsFizz, Jun 25, 2011.

1. MrsFizz

MrsFizz Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi guys, I'm a new LG Optimus user and I've had it for a couple of weeks. While I think it's great, I'm kind of confused about some things. I've been looking around or tips and tricks on how to extend battery life but I find instructions on other LG Optimus phones so not sure how they would work on the Optimus T vs Optimus V, any tips or tricks on how to extend battery life (aside from turning off GPS, bright light etc...).

Also, In only have 44.64MB available in internal phone storage! I'm very surprised by that considering that the majority of my apps are on my SD card and I don't have what I would consider a lot of apps is there anything besides apps that may be bogging this down.

If any of this seems obvious please forgive me, I'm an Android newbie (former blackberry user here ;))

Advertisement

2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member
    None

The T is identical to the One/500 model, so all that info transfers over.

The Optimus actually has decent batt life for Android. Here are my notes on increasing battery life.

A stock Opt T has something like 170MB (190 according to some specs) storage space for apps. Large apps like games would certainly kill that in a hurry. I've got a dozen small apps, a few big ones, and have moved what I could to SD card; I have about 70MB free. Note that moving to SD card still leaves some files in the phone. Not everything can be moved. Might just have to clean house a bit if it's bothering you.

3. MrsFizz

MrsFizz Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Thank you for your reply!! I'm reading your link now!

Tags: