• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What app is making phone actually tell me there are emails?

tds73

Feb 1, 2012
I just updated to jelly bean yesterday on my sprint samsung epic touch 4g. Now if i have my notification volume turned up, when i get an email, the phone makes it's sound followed by it actually saying "2 new emails". I don't mind this, but with the update i cannot turn down the volume for the "speaking" part of it alone. If I turn down my notification volume, then i do not know when i receive an email or text unless i actually look at the phone.

Before the update, i could leave the notification volume up, and I think it was the media volume i could leave turned down so it did not yell to me that there was an email or text.

So unless someone knows of another fix, does anyone know what app is telling me there is an email or text, with words?

Hi tds. :ciao:

I moved your thread to the Epic 4G Touch forum. Maybe others with this phone have seen this before. I also left a redirect in the Apps forum.

In settings, do you have an option for Driving Mode by any chance? I know with that on it will speak but I don't know if you're version of Jellybean has it.

You might also look in settings > apps > running and see if anything stands out.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones