1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What app notification is this?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by cwin2883, May 16, 2021.

1. cwin2883

cwin2883 Lurker

It appears on the phone as a blue outline of a person.

What app has this notification icon?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

don't recognize it. why not just look in your phone's notifications?

.......something tells me that this is not from your phone. if it is not your phone, just ask the person.

we get the question almost on a daily basis. the problem with identifying an app just by its notification icon is nearly impossible. you see there are millions upon millions of apps each with their own icon. so unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube, i doubt you will ever get an answer......you might get lucky though.

like i said, just ask the person. it could not hurt and is better then going behind one's back to find out.

tube517 and Dannydet like this.
  3. cwin2883

cwin2883 Lurker

Much appreciated. Fwiw, I did ask and I was told, "don't worry about it, it's none of my business".

I understand completely that the are countless apps out there and they can use virtually any icon they wish for notifications.

I was hoping that someone from the community might recognize it and have the answer.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Trouble is it's an extremely generic icon. It also doesn't comply with Google's guidelines of the last few years (it should be black/white/grey, not blue), which might tell us something about the age of the app, but that's all.

I'd usually guess that a head+shoulders outline might be something to do with contacts, but there are many other possibilities.

ocnbrze and tube517 like this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Looks like something from a Dentist.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

how so? LOL

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

The icon n the left is an immature molar tooth.