1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What app notification is this?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Needanswer, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Needanswer

Needanswer Lurker

See pic

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You are certain that's an app notification? It doesn't look like any I've seen, by which I don't mean "I don't recognise that particular notification icon" but "if you hadn't said that was a notification icon I'd never have guessed". The only thing I can really say about it is that it massively violates current guidance for notification icons, so is more likely to be an old app.

The other thing to note is that since there are literally millions of apps out there it's rare that we can give definite answers for any other than fairly common apps - occasionally someone will recognise an obscure one, or manage to identify it using a reverse image search (have you tried that?), but more commonly not. Of course if it's your own phone you can just pull down the notification slide and find out, but as these usually concern a screenshot from someone else's phone the most efficient way of finding out is usually to ask the person whose phone it was.

ocnbrze and Unforgiven like this.
  3. Needanswer

Needanswer Lurker

It's on the left side of the notification bar

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Why don't you just ask the person what it is?

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no idea what that is. there are millions upon millions of apps each with their own notification icon.....that's a lot of icons to know. so unless it is a popular app like youtube or facebook, asking identification of a random icon is like trying to find that needle in the haystack. sooooo you can as @Dannydet suggested ask the person who the phone belongs to(we have seen that 9 times out of 10 the person asking does not own the phone) or you can look in the phone's settings to find out what it is.

or you can get lucky and someone here might recognize it.

Dannydet likes this.
  6. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

Head to your settings.

ocnbrze likes this.