• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps are these icons from?

Talithia

Lurker
Nov 23, 2022
I know the snapchat icon but can anyone tell me what the others are from?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-172926_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-172926_Gallery.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 84
Facebook has never understood that bundled notifications have been a thing since Android 6???

Each notification, be it friend request, comment response, like, etc has an individual notification icon. It ain't long before Android's status bar is chock full of clutter. When I still used Facebook, it was one reason I outright despised Android's notification system and wanted iOS's app icon badges instead.

I was SO happy when the ability to 'minimize' notifications came out in Android 8.0, and allowed app icon badges to take their place, leaving the status area completely clean, and only having icons IMO that belonged up there.

Upvote 0
If it's anything like my experience with Facebook in 2011, You can clear them all you want, but you'll get dozens more minutes later. I had like 400+ friend requests, I'd wager many of them bot accounts, back then. Since their whole 2FA crap began, I can no longer log in to see what the current state is. It literally refuses to work, won't let me reset. Guess that's a good thing!

It had separate notification icons for likes, comments to posts, etc. It was a mess. The last login I had was on my Note 10.1 tablet in 2019, November, and with an old, outdated version. The News Feed was broken, but I could still access one page that made for great reading. Never participated much. It was just as awful though with the notifications and I had to disable all of 'em. Eventually they enforced a weird form of 2FA that doesn't work (at least, it alienated the heck outta me) and that app logged out and ceased to login again, and I can't login with a laptop either. I think it went like, to reset my password (since to them it was not secure enough--nothing like making one so convoluted that it requires putting it on a post-it note on the monitor--real secure bruh!) I had to have it send a code to my phone number, but that number no longer exists (was last on my ZTE Merit in 2011!) so I'm SOL.

Facebook did two things for me:

1. Learned what FarmVille was; got me into mobile gaming at the time

2. Most important, it's how me and my girlfriend met.

Today, it no longer has a purpose in my life. FarmVille is dead, so are many mobile games I actually liked (I got APKs of a few that still work, such as the original Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies) and the relationship with my girl is just as strong as ever so I'm not looking for another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones