1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What apps safe to remove after root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xyzqhtc, Aug 22, 2012.

1. xyzqhtc

xyzqhtc Newbie

Hi, I got my dinc rooted yesterday and installed titanium backup to uninstall some bloatware.

I uninstalled - weather, stock, city ID, calculator, verizon apps, FB, peep, FM Radio, adobe flash player, amazon mp3, 3G hotspot, downloads, footprint, friend stream, teeter, voice recorder, youtube. (I never use these apps)

I want to ask:

What other apps can be safely uninstalled (not system apps), like stock internet webkit browser, google talk, voice dialer, voice mail, voice search, maps, gmail, places, navigation?

[In case you wondering, I use my phone mainly for on-the-go browsing (dolphin browser), phone calls/txt off-course and ebook readers. I do like customizing and utility apps that I have installed to make use of phone more flexible and easier]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

Is there anything left? The clock... ?!

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yes to all of the ones there if you don't use them. Maps and GPS are way too useful for me to delete though. Never know when you'll need those.

You can always freeze an app before removing using titanium backup. That way if it creates issues all you have to do is unfreeze it

4. xyzqhtc

xyzqhtc Newbie

Thanks. You're right. Maps and GPS are useful. I guess I'll freeze some apps and see.

@kadimi - clock is important.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews